Suddenly No Data. Ideas?

albertdc

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
My S3 was working perfectly fine earlier today. Suddenly, however, there is no data connection at all. To 1x, 3G, LTS - nothing. I have tried toggling "mobile data" on and off from the drop down toggle - no change. I have tried turning airplane mode on and off - no change. Rebooted - no change. Pulled battery, then rebooted - no change. WIFI works, but no Verizon data connection. Normal numbers of bars for voice connection are present. My wife's phone in the same location is showing a Verizon data connection, so it is not Verizon.

Any ideas of what to troubleshoot next? Under "Setting" - More settings - Mobile networks: the "mobile data" box is checked (tried unchecking and checking it again as well). I have tried "network mode" on both LTE/CDMA as well as Global without success.

I did not do anything unusual with the phone today, and it was working earlier. Not sure what to do here. Suggestions?

Thanks

albertdc

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Called Verizon. I was told there is a Verizon Data outage in my area. I was about to call BS when I checked my wife's phone and sure enough she no longer has data either. So somehow, her phone still had it a little longer than mine, but it is indeed a data outage.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok. If it had continued that your phone didn't have a data connection but your wife's did, the solution would be to take her phone. :eek::thumbdown::mad:

Actually, I would have said that you might have a SIM problem...

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie