Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth and phone book problem

Just switched from Fassy to GS3. My phone pairs with my 2010 Lancer and plays my music plays fine and I can place calls if I do it through my phone (the audio transfers fine, basically) but the car won't recognize my phone book contact list. I can't voicedial and it won't transfer my phone book to the car. I've searched online but can't find anything. Does anybody know what the deal is?

Default Re: Bluetooth and phone book problem

Yeah, the deal is that it's very problematic.
    Just do a search for "car" and "bluetooth" and you'll get an idea what you're up against.
    Synopsis: lots of people seem to have similar issues, particularly with contacts not transferring, or with song titles not showing up on the head unit.
    Solution: some folks have had luck by getting the latest firmware for their respective automobile. Others have fiddled with the bluetooth configuration of the car (A2DP comes to mind) and gotten it to work. I even saw a post from some guy that got a newer car! But it seems like a lot of people ended up with no solution.

I've got a really old POS Ford Mustang without any of these features so what I'm passing along is just from what I remember reading, and not from actual experience. Good luck.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That's OK. I have been looking online and seen different solutions for different vehicles, just not one for my Lancer. Thanks.

Having the same problem with my S4 in 2012 lancer. Has no problem with my iPhone and its pretty annoying

I had problems with this issue for over a year. My dealer just replaced my entire radio/nav unit and this problem did not go away. After finally searching with the right combination of words, I came upon a solution which may help many Android users. There is an app named "Bluetooth Phonebook" which simply updates your phone's PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile). It's a bluetooth profile used for the transfer of contact data between a mobile phone and a car. The free version of the app allows you to try it out and see if your contact info appears in your car, but it changes one digit in each phone number as it transfers to the car. Your data on the phone is not changed. If it works, you can simply buy the paid version of the app for about $2 and your problems are over. I wish I had found this ages ago, it was such a simple fix and a very reasonable price to pay to eliminate this huge problem from my life!
    Thanked by:
    GSDer