Galaxy S3 Battery Drain (please read...I've done A LOT)

Neader

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,

First off, save your breath. I'm not one of those people who don't understand why their battery is dying when their brightness is all the way up and they're running every app possible.

For the last three days or so my phone's battery has been draining, except it isn't the batteries fault. Yes, I know this is a common issue, but I've tried a lot and nothing is working.

Right now I am losing 1% of battery every 4 minutes, and this is when my phone is on standby the whole time and nothing is on, data isn't off, I'm not connected to wifi, I don't have Facebook on, literally all my apps are off. So my battery life for my phone, without even using it, is roughly 6 hours when it used to be around 20 or so.

I've tried everything, if you notice I said it's been doing this for 3 days. I purposely held off posting to do research and see if I could fix it, no dice.

Factory reset? Nothing

JuiceDefender (free)? No dice.

WakeLock Detector? Isn't telling me anything.

Hell, I even went to Verizon, and since it's a replacement phone I got a month ago through Asurion they basically told me to **** off, it's not their problem since they didn't give me the phone.

I still have the battery from my old phone and even when I use this battery it's still draining.

So I'm guessing it has to be some software update or some app that's running, but I don't know what! There hasn't been any app I've recently downloaded and if there is, the factory reset should have taken care of it.

Here's a picture of my WakeLock and battery usage.

So, does anyone know what the hell is going on?

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Nope, don't know what's going on with your phone, but one of the reasons that I rooted my phone, flashed a custom ROM and kernel was because the battery usage of my phone was too high for what I was doing with it. On CleanROM Seven and Lean Kernel 3.0, and idling my phone is using less than 1% battery per hour. Which is okay with me.

Oh yeah, and check into the "Greenify" app, that's also helping my battery...again, though, I believe that you have to have your phone rooted to use it.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
So you pay for the device insurance through asurion do you carry the total equipment coverage?

Posted via Android Central App

rbo18

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Same thing has been happening to my S3 since 4 days ago. It's really alarming the battery consumption. I haven't changed anything and now it's ridiculous. My battery used to last a decent time, now it's like not lasting at all. Have no idea why.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Sailmaker

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue as well. Battery life has decreased so much that I am recharging 2x a day. Wonder if Google Now is the culprit?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
rbo18/Sailmaker,
As noted in numerous other threads, you'll need to provide more information if you want any real help. At a minimum you should provide the following three screenshots (be sure your phone was fully charged to begin with):
e5ajaza2.jpg
type4u6y.jpg
rebymazu.jpg
And unlike this data set you want to let the battery get below 40% or so.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

imhipper

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Update from ICS to JB absolutely killed my battery performance and yes I've done more factory resets then Heinz has ketchup. I have bought a new battery and have more apps and features disabled then enabled and the battery still drains like a leak in a dam. The only thing that helps a little is having the screen so dim you can hardly see it, toggling wifi and data on/off as needed and manually syncing email and weather app. My phone will be out of warranty soon so as MrDoh suggested I will probably be rooting my phone when it is and installing a different ROM.

I Feel Your Pain

D850

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Another solution you may want to try going into one of those Samsung Experience stores inside a Best Buy store and have them do a software reflash to install a fresh copy of the os it takes 10-15minutes to do there my be a file missing or some funkyness going on. Or just have them look at your phone too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11