S3 will not boot or charge?

Surfer111

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Everything seemed to be working normally last night, and hooked it up to the charger as normal and went to bed. This morning the phone would not boot. Then when plugged to the charger, I get a black screen with battery in the center of the screen, like it wants to charge. But normally where you see the circle in the center of the battery moving as if it's charging, it's just frozen. That screen will be visible for about 20-25 seconds then goes black. About 5 seconds later, the phone will do a quick 1/4 second buzz/vibrate and return to the frozen battery screen again. When I unplug, will of course go back to a dark screen.

I have removed and reinstalled the battery several times with and without it plugged in. I have tried to boot it while it's plugged in and not plugged in. Have tried to hold the volume+, home button, and side button simultaneously with no results.

Don't know what to do next? Would appreciate any help/suggestions.

Surfer111

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
When I press the Power + volume buttons, the only change is that while the buttons are pressed, the image of the battery will not come back until I stop holding the buttons. Then, as soon as I let go, the phone vibrates for a split second, and the image of the battery comes back, like before.....

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Surfer111,
Download mode requires Volume Down and Home and Power buttons simultaneously (with the phone completely off, of course), and release them all when the splash screen is shown.

There sure has been a recent spate of "phone was working fine and when I woke up it was dead" issues; as in all the other threads, be sure to try a different charger and different cable before going any further.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781