Picture download issue.

Primer88

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to find a similar issue through searching here or on Google.

When I download a picture from the stock browser, chrome or the facebook app I can't do anything with it until I restart the phone aside from setting it as a background or contact image. The image downloads just fine and it shows up in the notification bar as it should. The only way to view the image before restarting the phone is going through the notification bar.

Once the phone is restarted the image shows up in the "download" folder of the gallery and it can be manipulated or uploaded just as any other previously downloaded or camera created image.

None of the above mentioned apps crash or function abnormally since this issue started a month or so ago. I don't have any issues with non image downloads such as .PDF files.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
When you go into the gallery app, go to the download folder and instead of looking at the first ones you see try going all the way to the back to see if it's there.

Primer88

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I regularly do that. They don't show up at either end or anywhere in the middle. They don't end up in any of the other folders either. Once the phone is restarted they show up as first in line within the download folder.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, not sure what to tell you. I just used Dolphin to download a picture (my downloads are saved to my SDCard by default), opened the stock Gallery app and in the Downloads category that picture was immediately shown (as the first image in the list).
How big is your picture collection?
Have you tried rebooting into Recovery mode and clearing the cache?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Just for the heck of it I fired up the stock Internet browser, went to the same site and downloaded another picture, then opened the Gallery app and didn't see the image. So I used a File Manager to go look to be sure the image had actually downloaded, and it had, and then when I reopened the Gallery app the image was shown at the end of the list. So I rebooted the phone, opened the Gallery app and the image was still at the bottom of the list.
Arrgh! I opened the stock Internet browser, downloaded another image, and that one immediately appeared at the top of the list in the Gallery app.
So I don't have any useful data point at all - sorry.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mrtwohands

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I have run into the same problem a few times. I tired downloading another gallery app and it did the same thing. Says it downloaded but could not find the picture. Seems like it has not happened in a while though.