- 6 Posts
Galaxy S3: Damaged micro USB port, charging issues
Hi all, I believe my micro USB port is damaged. It's becoming increasingly difficult to charge, and has to be plugged in at a certain angle to connect and charge. I've tried multiple usb cords/chargers, and have tried pulling the battery, and still he same so I'm figuring it's the port. Getting a new phone is a pain, so does Verizon do these types of repairs (doubtful)? If not, is it worth sending in to Samsung under warranty to be repaired? I've had the phone less than a year.
Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-04-2014 at 11:33 PM.
- 08-10-2013, 08:11 AM #2
- 08-10-2013, 08:13 AM #3
Motorola DROID A855 (Retired) / Samsung Fascinate SCH-I500 (Sold) / Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 (Sold) / Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717 (Sold) / LGE Nexus 4 E960 / Samsung Nexus 10
- 122 Posts
- 08-10-2013, 01:33 PM #4
- 4,172 Posts
- 08-10-2013, 08:46 PM #5
- 01-05-2014, 10:13 PM #6
- 03-04-2014, 11:03 PM #7
- 1 Posts
Re: Damaged micro USB port, charging issues
Guys! This micro usb port damage is a known issue with Samsung phones and tablets. What design engineers in their right mind would sign off such an idiotic design, seriously!
Let's all make it clear to Samsung that this design is flawed and maybe Samsung would process a DCO to fix the issue. I am calling them tonight damn it!!!!!
I'm sorry the only fix right now is to replace the culprit and hopefully you've got insurance. I am absolutely passed off!
- By Faloogs in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 12Last Post: 09-15-2013, 12:06 AM
- By RodrigoBG in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 08-19-2013, 10:38 AM
- By NightRacer in forum HTC OneReplies: 7Last Post: 08-11-2013, 10:25 AM
- By Arielle Gray in forum Sprint PhotonReplies: 1Last Post: 08-11-2013, 10:21 AM
- By Skakke in forum HTC One XReplies: 0Last Post: 08-09-2013, 06:17 PM