What's the Best Custom Rom for the Verizon S3?

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
personally I love the Jellybeans rom. It has alot of customization, has good battery life and is super stable :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I liked CarbonRom, but it was the only one I tried before I went back to stock (rooted).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

calebcabob

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I have tried probably about 20+ roms on the S3. I will mention 3 roms that I highly recommend. Starting with my favorite, I would easily say Eclipse!!! Eclipse has AOSP dark theming and it has the firmware built on TouchWiz, so you can keep all the Samsung functionality. It looks awesome and has almost every Google app inverted! Lots of options here too:cool::):):cool::p

Second one I recommend is Paranoid Android. It is a solid AOSP build...also with lots of options.

Lastly, if you haven't tried a ROM with an aroma installer, its worth checking out. This rom is TouchWiz and is also very customizable. This one is called HyperDrive.

Each rom I have mentioned is stable and sweet. I hope I convinced you to try out Eclipse next. I think there is a July 2013 build you should be able to find. Let me know if you need a link. I would need to know which carrier you have. Good luck!

I just recently switched to a Galaxy s4, but I have had a rooted s3 for the past 2 years before that.

Last edited:

calebcabob

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I also agree that Jelly "Beans" Rom is pretty awesome too. I ran that for months as well...very satisfied.
personally I love the Jellybeans rom. It has alot of customization, has good battery life and is super stable :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

junowatitis15

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
thank you guys, all of you... You guys gave me some good recommendations, not like xda which they will tell you to try it out and waste some of your time

Jack Meyer2

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I am using eclipse on my gs4, and love it! I have tried hyperdrive and google play edition before, and it has much better battery life and speed. Also love the look of an AOSP rom with touchwiz compatibility. I am here looking for a good s3 rom for one of my friends, and now that I know eclipse is available, I will be using that. Thanks!