Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone received an Asurion Replacement recently?

I need a replacement due to a cracked screen and was wondering the Asurion availability of SGS3 replacements before I start the claim process. I also have an eligible upgrade but I am trying to weigh the $100 insurance deductible option vs new phone option. I don't see any new phones that pop out and would like to wait for new releases this fall.

Default Re: Anyone received an Asurion Replacement recently?

Just got one in the mail last thursday. I was surprised it came in the samsung box with all of its accessories brand new as well as the phone was new.
    Treo 650--> Treo 700--> Treo 750-->BB8330 -> BB Tour --> Htc Hero--> Droid -----> DROID X with Asus Transformer
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

I have. The replacement came next day. Process was very easy.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by alluredetail View Post
    Just got one in the mail last thursday. I was surprised it came in the samsung box with all of its accessories brand new as well as the phone was new.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmgodwin View Post
    I have. The replacement came next day. Process was very easy.
    How much did you guys pay for the replacement? My power button is going out and now It'll barely turn on, my biggest question though is was it the 16 or 32 gb version? I also bought the insurance from verizon and still have a year to go until the contract is up.

I thought the standard deductible was $100.
    You know that you can use the Home button to wake the phone (although not to turn the screen off). Not that this should dissuade you from getting it replaced - that's what you fork out the $10/month for.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

I received a solid refurb with all of the accessories the phone came with. No issues with my phone so far!

✌SG3/iPad2
    Sent from my S3
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by tony477g View Post
    How much did you guys pay for the replacement? My power button is going out and now It'll barely turn on, my biggest question though is was it the 16 or 32 gb version? I also bought the insurance from verizon and still have a year to go until the contract is up.
    If you don't have physical damage, it's not an Asurion claim but a warranty claim.
    Warranty claims are free.

Is your phone less than a year old. Did you just get insurance or Total Equipment Coverage (TEC)?

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Anybody happen to know what they're sending out to replace the Galaxy Nexus 16GB? My replacement should be here tomorrow and am just curious if they're still sending out refurbished GNexs.

~Sent old-school style from a PC.

Quote Originally Posted by hard2say View Post
    Anybody happen to know what they're sending out to replace the Galaxy Nexus 16GB? My replacement should be here tomorrow and am just curious if they're still sending out refurbished GNexs.
    What did you end up getting? My GNex is showing its age and am wondering what Asurion is sending out to replace these now.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Gabriel View Post
    What did you end up getting? My GNex is showing its age and am wondering what Asurion is sending out to replace these now.
    The first time, they sent me a refurbished GNex 32GB. The screen was washed out, so I requested they send me a new phone. They were out of refurbs at that point, so I ended up getting a new LG Spectrum II. It's a pretty descent phone, but it comes with a lot of bloatware and LG's stupid overlay. I rooted it and removed the bloatware, but am stuck with the overlay because there isn't much support for custom ROMs for this particular device.

Performance wise, this thing blows away my GNex... In fact, it out performs a friend of mine's Nexus 4. One other point of interested is that the LG actually gets a 4G connection. I had my Gnex for over a year, and it RARELY would connect to 4G. The radios in the Gnex suck in comparison.

Good Luck!

Great question! Our goal is to provide like-for-like replacements for your device. If for some reason your original device is not available at the time of your claim, a comparable model will be offered. You will be made aware of the options available to you prior to completing your claim. We welcome you to visit Welcome to PhoneClaim.com - File a claim for your lost, stolen, or damaged phone or mobile broadband device. to review the terms and conditions of your policy. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. We are here to help!

Thanks,

Asurion Social Media Team
    @AsurionCares

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

FOLLOWUP - I ended up smashing that piece of **** LG Spectrum 2 on the floor about a month ago - and I'm not even kidding. I spent close to 9 months correcting text messages because the calibration on that mother ****er was horrible... **** you Asurion!!