Can I switch carriers' sim cards?
Here is my situation. I have a Verizon Samsung gs3 and am trapped in their contract for one more year. I have a T-Mobile Samsung gs2 and prefer the T-Mobile service.
Since I prefer the gs3 over the Gs2, can I switch the sim cards so that I can use the gs3 on T-Mobile until my Verizon contract ends? And use the Gs2, now on T-Mobile, for Verizon for the next year?
Posted via Android Central App
- 08-18-2013, 09:39 AM #2"...Galaxy Tab 10.1, Tab 8.9 and Tab 7.7 do not infringe Apple’s Community registered design..." - Excerpt from Apple's website
- 08-18-2013, 12:21 PM #3
- 08-18-2013, 08:43 PM #5
- 08-18-2013, 11:06 PM #6
- 08-25-2013, 10:50 PM #7
- 3 Posts
Re: Can I switch carriers' sim cards?
If you have a Verizon S3 SCH-i535, be sure you have updated the firmware to VRBMF1. The latest firmware unlocks the GSM antennas for all carriers. You might need to cut your T-Mobile sim down to micro size to fit in the S3 or ask T-Mobile to give you a micro sim. You will not get 4g data on T-Mobile because they use a different frequency. You will also need to change the APN settings to get data. Put in the T-Mobile sim, go to settings, more settings, Mobile networks, Network mode, change to GSM/UMTS then go to Access Point Names and press the menu key in the lower left and change the setting to the proper T-Mobile accounts.
If you still want to use Verizon, purchase a cheap phone on eBay and put it on your Verizon account instead of the S3. If it is an old feature phone, you can drop the Verizon data plan and pay just for voice.
- By 4fool in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 2Last Post: 08-23-2013, 06:31 PM
- By Leah101 in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 9Last Post: 08-18-2013, 08:45 PM
- By manuvdbrule in forum Google Play StoreReplies: 1Last Post: 08-18-2013, 10:52 AM
- By gary1996 in forum AT&T ATRIX HDReplies: 1Last Post: 08-17-2013, 09:05 PM