Files Destroyed on Ext SD Card

jefflen

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased my first Android device - a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3. With it, I purchased a new class 10 32gb SD card. I have copied some MP3 files from my Windows XP computer (via USB) to the SD card. At first, it was evident that the files were on the card and were recognized by the phone's media players. After a short while, however, the media players would fail to play the MP3s, stopping just a few seconds into the song. And eventually, the file would disappear altogether. My "lost.dir" is empty. I have not had problems, thus far, with the files that I copied directly to the phone's internal storage. Did I get a bad SD card? Any ideas? Please help! Thanks!

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The SIII seems to have a reputation for destroying SD cards. I had one identical to yours that lasted a number of months, then I got an error message from the phone that said the card had been removed. It hadn't. Nothing else will even acknowledge the card, its stone cold dead.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Same here - I had a SanDisk 64GB card destroyed; bought a Samsung 32GB card as a replacement and haven't had a problem, but I don't keep music files on it, so who knows.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Grrruuunt

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I just lost my SDmicro card with 5 gigs of music, some vids & files...not happy. I had no idea GalaxyS3 did this! I asked the It guys at my work, they put the sd into a reader, nothing, then one of the guys said he was on his 3rd SD, all the others had crapped out. THEN another guy in the office said the same. He's on his 2nd, & if that goes he just won't use it again. YEAH great! What's the point in having it so u can't have it?
My Galaxy S3, i love it, big screen the whole thing. It's been wonderful up to this point. ( I love Macs & all things mac,tablets pens all the stuff I use at work & home...it was a hard decision to go with Sammy Sung, but it offered more of what I wanted my phone to do..Comparing Samsung Galaxy S3 vs. Apple iPhone 4S 64GB Specs - 29 Reasons for the Samsung Galaxy S3 - VERSUS
Disappointed in this glitch. If there are so 'few' owners with this problem then it should be easy to fix right?
NOT HAPPY.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma