Finally rooted and flashed my phone!

mrtinydave

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
So after having my phone a little over a year I took the plunge. And it was way easier than I expected. Used casual root to root and unlock the bootloader. And I am using MOAR which is based on 4.3. Its amazing so far!! I waited so long cause I wanted to be out of my year factory warranty. And the only thing I found that didn't work was the camera app but I just got a different one from the play store. Any suggestions on good ROMs would be greatly appreciated!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So after having my phone a little over a year I took the plunge. And it was way easier than I expected. Used casual root to root and unlock the bootloader. And I am using MOAR which is based on 4.3. Its amazing so far!! I waited so long cause I wanted to be out of my year factory warranty. And the only thing I found that didn't work was the camera app but I just got a different one from the play store. Any suggestions on good ROMs would be greatly appreciated!!

TouchWiz (like MOAR) type ROMs : Popular ones like the People's ROM and Wicked Sensations.
As for AOSP, you can run Cyanogen, AOKP, ParanoidAndroid, SlimROM, or LiquidSmooth.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on rooting and Flashing a ROM!

mrtinydave

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply and the suggestions. I really look forward to seeing what this phone can really do!! I hate that I waited so long but wanted to be out of warranty first.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply and the suggestions. I really look forward to seeing what this phone can really do!! I hate that I waited so long but wanted to be out of warranty first.

Just remember to clear cache, reset the phone and only get ROMs for your exact model and carrier.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
If you're just looking for a low bloat factor and real reliable ROM, try CleanROM Seven. It's kind of like stock 4.1.2 (with Multiwindows, of course), only more reliable, and very little of the Verizon/Samsung bloat. It cuts your battery usage as a result, and when combined with Lean Kernel, it cuts battery usage even more. Really useful on a day-to-day basis.

mrtinydave

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions guys!! That's my main concern is the hit on my battery with any ROM I'm gonna flash

JIsabelle218

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
What were you running when you took the plunge? And what method did you use? I'm considering as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma