Google Now Reminder Alarms Not Working- It's Driving Me Nuts!!!

dtfamily

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I hope someone can suggest some ideas. I've been trying for months to get the alarm notifications to work on my Verizon S3. I've spent hours and hours looking at the forums, and have not been able to fix it- I really, really would like to get this to work!

The problem is, I never get reminders for either:
- time to leave/traffic alerts when I have upcoming appointments
- reminders based on location

I've tried everything I know of in the book- I need an expert to please help me get this working!!! Sorry for the frustration...

I'm running a Verizon S3, with 4.2.1 and recently I rooted the phone (the notifications have not worked since before nor after the rooting- I did it for other reasons).

PLEASE HELP!!!

wolverine2003

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I hope someone can suggest some ideas. I've been trying for months to get the alarm notifications to work on my Verizon S3. I've spent hours and hours looking at the forums, and have not been able to fix it- I really, really would like to get this to work!

The problem is, I never get reminders for either:
- time to leave/traffic alerts when I have upcoming appointments
- reminders based on location

I've tried everything I know of in the book- I need an expert to please help me get this working!!! Sorry for the frustration...

I'm running a Verizon S3, with 4.2.1 and recently I rooted the phone (the notifications have not worked since before nor after the rooting- I did it for other reasons).

PLEASE HELP!!!

Pull up Google Now. Menu > Settings. Make sure Notifications is ON. Also make sure all of the location services are turned on in the main Settings section.

theSaj

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I had an issue with this on my Galaxy Note 2. Apparently some stupid "SmartWifi" app that AT&T thought prudent to install was the cause of the problem. AT&T doesn't let you uninstall it either. But I was able to disable it.

Sadly, I get alerts/notices, but no alarm. I want an alarm to sound. Is there a way to do this?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I want an alarm to sound. Is there a way to do this?
"Ok Google set an alarm for 10 pm"
Setting alarm, blah blah. Alarm goes off at 10 pm; until then the little clock icon shows up in the Status bar.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4