Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Android OS too high

    Been trying to figure out what has been making my OS reading so high lately. And not sure if it's related, but it's also taking forever to charge my phone to 100 percent.

    Any ideas?

    Android OS too high-screenshot_2013-09-09-12-31-45.png

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    8,455 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: Android OS too high

    That's no high at all, in fact, it's pretty low if you ask me . Are you seeing any negative effects, i.e. battery drain? That's nothing to worry about.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Android OS too high

    Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    That's no high at all, in fact, it's pretty low if you ask me . Are you seeing any negative effects, i.e. battery drain? That's nothing to worry about.
    yah it's definitely draining quicker. used to be able to get 36 hours no problem, now down to under a day with moderate use. also, doesn't make sense that it takes forever to charge as well?
  4. #4  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    8,455 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: Android OS too high

    Quote Originally Posted by randomdude View Post
    yah it's definitely draining quicker. used to be able to get 36 hours no problem, now down to under a day with moderate use. also, doesn't make sense that it takes forever to charge as well?
    If plugged into the wall outlet then it shouldn't take any longer than usual to charge. If you are charging via USB, then yes, charging times may take a little longer. That's common for most, if not all, stock devices.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Android OS too high

    Quote Originally Posted by randomdude View Post
    yah it's definitely draining quicker. used to be able to get 36 hours no problem, now down to under a day with moderate use. also, doesn't make sense that it takes forever to charge as well?
    Hmmm...I also don't think that your Android OS usage is out of proportion. You can use various tools to look for excess app usage, like BetterBattery Stats, where you can look at CPU states and see how much your phone is in deep sleep (should be about 80-95%, depending on how much you use your phone), and at wakeups and see if there is a particular app that's keeping your phone awake when it should be sleeping. You can try Greenify, which unfortunately requires a phone to be rooted, but it can help with battery usage.

    On the other hand, there's a very small chance that your battery may need to be replaced. That's much less likely than some app(s) doing things that you'd rather they not do *smile*, but it happens, too.
  6. #6  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,365 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,799 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Android OS too high

    Quote Originally Posted by randomdude View Post
    yah it's definitely draining quicker. used to be able to get 36 hours no problem, now down to under a day with moderate use. also, doesn't make sense that it takes forever to charge as well?
    When the device idles for extended periods, the OS shows up as a high consumer of power. That is normal.
    You can try to clear cache in recovery to see if that will help battery life.

    From an Illusion S3

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  7. #7  
    dgcamero's Avatar

    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

    Default

    My Verizon Samsung micro-usb cables have both kinda died, taking forever to charge and giving somewhat reduced battery life, so I switched cables to my ancient Palm Pre cable and it charges very fast once again, and the battery life is back to normal. :-) I guess they're cheap cables.

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Android OS too high

    Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    If plugged into the wall outlet then it shouldn't take any longer than usual to charge. If you are charging via USB, then yes, charging times may take a little longer. That's common for most, if not all, stock devices.
    yah, it took about 4 hours the other day to charge when i plugged it into the wall. might be a battery issue.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MrDoh View Post
    Hmmm...I also don't think that your Android OS usage is out of proportion. You can use various tools to look for excess app usage, like BetterBattery Stats, where you can look at CPU states and see how much your phone is in deep sleep (should be about 80-95%, depending on how much you use your phone), and at wakeups and see if there is a particular app that's keeping your phone awake when it should be sleeping. You can try Greenify, which unfortunately requires a phone to be rooted, but it can help with battery usage.

    On the other hand, there's a very small chance that your battery may need to be replaced. That's much less likely than some app(s) doing things that you'd rather they not do *smile*, but it happens, too.
    i'll download better battery stats and see if i can find anything out of the ordinary. Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. Developping Android Apps is simple through simple Demo Apps
    By nttai in forum Software Development and Hacking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-28-2013, 03:36 AM
  2. [FREE] Block 'n Roll - New Android Game!
    By HunkyDoryGames in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-24-2013, 11:32 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2013, 11:52 AM
  4. GPE 4.3 Rom Android System Usage
    By c0rbindallas in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 12:59 PM
  5. Farmville 2 on Android JELLY BEAN 4.2.2
    By Mohammad Modassir in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 10:36 AM

Posting Permissions