How does one keep the wifi off?

Plucknbach

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I've noticed that the Verizon GS3 automatically switch to Wifi whenever the signal is available. I usually have to turn it off because most of the time the 4g signal is stronger and faster. And as usually after awhile, wifi finds its way back on automatically.

I find this kinda annoying. Is there a way to disable wifi until I actually decide I want to use it instead of the phone or verizon deciding for me?

Thank you:p

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I've noticed that the Verizon GS3 automatically switch to Wifi whenever the signal is available. I usually have to turn it off because most of the time the 4g signal is stronger and faster. And as usually after awhile, wifi finds its way back on automatically.

I find this kinda annoying. Is there a way to disable wifi until I actually decide I want to use it instead of the phone or verizon deciding for me?

Thank you:p

Go to your settings and turn on wifi, then click on it to where it shows all available networks, then hit your menu key and go to advanced.
You can change wifi settings there

minnieusa

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
i am having the same problem. and forum is advicing me to go to this menu called advanced, however my s3 does not have that, does yours?

Sent from my AT100 using AC Forums mobile app

minnieusa

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
oh i found advanced, duh, i finally found the menu key at bottom on left, bingo advanced is there. thanks guys for help

Sent from my AT100 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar