Artist Unknown Issue

mzcookie

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
So I know it's been asked and re-asked more than anyone can count but I can't seem to find a good solution anywhere. So I recently accidentally wiped my ipod (out of my own stupidity) and decided to just move all my music to my S3's external micro SD card. But after suffering through several problems with the stock player not being able to read the song formats (which are MP3s by the way) I have now come across another problem that is extremely annoying.

The vast majority of my songs are listed with unknown artists and/or albums when I manually edited them myself and I have gone through countless apps trying to figure out what's wrong. I figured out that if I manually resave the song by verifying the tag on the phone it fixes itself. But I can't do that for over 300 songs. That's too tedious.

I am literally at my wits end. I need help. Any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I can't help with your music issue, but let me caution you that the S3 is known for corrupting SD cards, particularly when large amounts of media are involved. YMMV.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Consider using a folder-based player like MortPlayer. It doesn't depend on reading ID3 tags.

Posted via Android Central App