HELP PLEASE, Verizon S3 is stuck on 4G LTE screen

Natalie Allred

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I woke up last night/this morning to my Verizon S3 stuck on the flashing 4G LTE start up mode. I did not shut off my phone before I went to bed, I just put it on the charger as I normally do every night and went to sleep. I have not rooted or bricked or anything to it, I don't know how, I'm not really tech savvy. Literally all my phone has on it are apps, (i.e facebook, pinterest, instagram, etsy, ebay, etc) pictures, and contacts. I don't even have any music on it. I have read alot of other forums trying to fix this problem. Alot of them say to clear my cache, to start up in safe mode, so on and so forth. But I can't, I cant get it to turn on! I press the down button on the screen, like many suggest, for it to start in safe mode, nothing happens. I plug it up to my computer, nothing happens, I am willing to do a master reset, if I can figure out how...
Please help, I have another yr and a 1/2 on my contract, I just got this phone on April 24th.

I did install Bitstrips ( a comic app) last night before I went to bed, if that means anything at all

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I woke up last night/this morning to my Verizon S3 stuck on the flashing 4G LTE start up mode. I did not shut off my phone before I went to bed, I just put it on the charger as I normally do every night and went to sleep. I have not rooted or bricked or anything to it, I don't know how, I'm not really tech savvy. Literally all my phone has on it are apps, (i.e facebook, pinterest, instagram, etsy, ebay, etc) pictures, and contacts. I don't even have any music on it. I have read alot of other forums trying to fix this problem. Alot of them say to clear my cache, to start up in safe mode, so on and so forth. But I can't, I cant get it to turn on! I press the down button on the screen, like many suggest, for it to start in safe mode, nothing happens. I plug it up to my computer, nothing happens, I am willing to do a master reset, if I can figure out how...
Please help, I have another yr and a 1/2 on my contract, I just got this phone on April 24th.

I did install Bitstrips ( a comic app) last night before I went to bed, if that means anything at all

Welcome to the forums.
Try pulling the battery for a few minutes and power up. See if that helps.
If not Pull the battery again, and let it charge without turning on, then follow this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

Natalie Allred

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
'm having a similar problem. My phone also keeps shutting down on its own and gets stuck on the flashing 4g screen with the circles.*I have master reset it four times now. I have never rooted or booted or basically done anything to my phone other than download a few*apps. I.e. FaceBook, instagram, pinterest etc...I have even traded with a friend of mine and still have the same problem happening in the new s3. I'm literally at my wits end. It must be an app I have installed but I've basically uninstalled everything except the ones previously mentioned. Should I just bite the bullet and get an iPhone? I hand no idea what the problem is and I'm geTting tired of every month having to reset and lose all my information and more.*Someone please help:-(

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Natalie,
Sorry we weren't able to help you on your previous post. If your new phone (that friend is a keeper BTW) wasn't having this problem when your friend was using it, then it's a high probability that something you're installing is causing this problem.

I'd vote Facebook off the island first - I don't use it, but from having read about the various problems it's caused in the past I wouldn't touch it - find another solution.

I also don't use any of the others that you mentioned, but don't remember seeing any negative posts in the forum. However, you should check out the ratings in the Google Play Store, read some of the latest comments, and (generally speaking) don't install anything with less than a 4.0 rating.

As far as the difficulties in recovering from a Factory Reset - there are a few steps you can take to make it easier to get up and running if you know that you're going to do one:
- be sure you have syncing enabled on your Google account so that your contacts are backed up
- use something like
Cloud Drive: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.amazon.clouddrive.photos (automatically backs up your pictures/videos to the cloud; 5GB free)
Drive Photo Uploader: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.mynextandroid.drivephotosync (automatically upload your photos to your Google Drive; Dropbox also has similar capabilities if you prefer that)
Helium: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup (allows you to backup your apps and app data without being rooted)
- use the Kies software on your PC to backup your contacts, SMS/MMS, pictures/videos, call logs and TouchWiz settings (basically, your Home screens and phone settings [well, most settings anyway])

You may also want to consider setting the Google Play Store to NOT automatically reinstall all of your apps following a Factory Reset - this kind of defeats the purpose of cleaning up the phone. When I go through the setup process on the phone after a Factory Reset, I skip all of the activation and account setup steps (except the actual phone number activation) so that I can control exactly what gets enabled.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
BTW, note that getting into Safe mode is somewhat timing dependent and requires persistence. Although you can do it following a restart, you're likely to see better results if you shut down the phone completely. Then, press and hold the Volume Down rocker. Press the Power button until you feel the phone vibrate (about 3 seconds) and release the Power button, but continue holding the Volume Down rocker - keep holding it through all of the different boot screens until the phone finally finishes booting and you see 'Safe mode' in the lower left corner - then you can release it.

Safe mode is a good troubleshooting tool because it prevents any 3rd party apps from running - if your phone behaves correctly in Safe mode, but you're having problems when it boots normally, you almost certainly have installed an app that's causing your problems.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks