In Need of Profile App

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdeva

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for a profile app which will automatically silence phone at night, but allow "emergency" contact callers.

This is my ninth smart phone - and first which won't allow this rather simple feature.

I've used Locale successfully for years - but it doesn't work on this phone; nor does Llama; nor do one or two others I've tried.

Anyone have any idea?

Posted via Android Central App

mdeva

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Weak
Convoluted
Can add a schedule but can't modify or delete.

You actually use this?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You actually use this?
No, my friends/family don't send me messages/email in the middle of the night, so I don't have this problem.

You asked for a solution so I gave you one that's top rated - sorry it didn't work out for you.

Rather strange that Locale & Llama didn?t work on your phone - those are both pretty popular apps.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

mdeva

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks much for the siggestion.

Actually, while the interface isn't 100% intuitive, the volume settings appear to work, which is not the case for Locale & Llama.

I help a number of people in Africa, so I'm forever in a sun-risen time zone. I need to limit who can wake me! There are always a few I must answer regardless of hour, but I really need a default quiet period.

Hopefully this will work.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, if that one isn't to your liking you can probably find another hundred to try. Good luck getting some uninterrupted sleep.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

mdeva

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
This from Locale:

Hi,

Locale contains workarounds for every Android hardware device and every Android version. *There's a reason that we test Locale on about 100 different devices before each update. *So the answer to your question is no, Android phones are not very well tested. *In our experience Samsung makes the buggiest devices and never fixes the bugs we report to them. *HTC releases buggy devices at launch, but they at least have fixed every single bug that we have reported to them over the years.
--------------
Abso-effing-lutely my last Samsung.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Abso-effing-lutely my last Samsung.
Sell it and get a Moto X outright (I saw some guy that mentioned that Verizon gave him a $200 instant coupon on a base price of $450 - I'd take that deal if I could get it without messing with my unlimited data).

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Except Verizon is giving the SGS3 away for free as an upgrade.
Like I would get stuck with another 2 year contract for a phone that's almost 2 years old (that'll never see 4.4) just because it's free? Holy crap man - do the math!

mdeva

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
What's wrong with that strategy? As a rule, it's better using a technology a year or two downstream after the bugs have been reported and worked on. I deliberately wait a year before buying a phone - for that very reason. Unfortunately, Samsung doesn't fix anything. I know that now and wouldn't accept a Samsung if it were given me.

I don't care about tilting the phone, or having it stay on whole I'm looking at it - or any of those other snake-oil gimmicks. I just want a phone that will run Apps and answer calls. The Samsung fails miserably in both categories - whether it's directly out of the design lab or two years in the market.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, Samsung doesn't fix anything. I know that now and wouldn't accept a Samsung if it were given me.
I just want a phone that will run Apps and answer calls. The Samsung fails miserably in both categories - whether it's directly out of the design lab or two years in the market.
I have none of the problems you report in this forum.
What I have noticed is every thread you have started, it's been about another thing wrong with your phone. I've mentioned a couple times that you should do a factory reset.
If the problem isn't with the phone, then obviously it's what you're doing with it, or your lack of understanding of how to use it.
But you insist on blaming Samsung, a Korean company, not Japanese, as you stated in another rant.

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I use Tasker for this scenario and it works flawlessly. It's the same profile and task i used on my Thunderbolt and worked from day 1 on my GS3.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

mdeva

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
No. No. No.
Rant?
So this forum is only for shills?
Read again.
I even quoted from a very well known developer that Samsung is KNOWN to prodeduce flawed devices - and that they don't care. Factory Resets do not fix device bugs. Goodness!

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It's clear this thread has run its course. Closed.

I suggest that those who participated here take the opportunity to review the forum rules. Further violations of the rules may result in the issuance of infractions.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad