I'm not sure..

TheJustPull

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I'd my s3 is rooted or not. I flashed mine back to stock before I got my warranty replacement but it still has su on it. My question is am I rooted somehow still or is it just stored on the cache somewhere? Also is there a way to check.

Further, I am looking to put on cynagenmod on it and would like some insight and advice on that.

Thanks in advance

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'd my s3 is rooted or not. I flashed mine back to stock before I got my warranty replacement but it still has su on it. My question is am I rooted somehow still or is it just stored on the cache somewhere? Also is there a way to check.

Further, I am looking to put on cynagenmod on it and would like some insight and advice on that.

Thanks in advance

There are root check apps in Play for download.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It is strange that when you flashed the stock firmware it didn't first erase the /system partition, then write the new partition. I guess it just overwrote files that were already there and left behind any files that weren't in its list (which is a bad way to do things).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

TheJustPull

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
It is strange that when you flashed the stock firmware it didn't first erase the /system partition, then write the new partition. I guess it just overwrote files that were already there and left behind any files that weren't in its list (which is a bad way to do things).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Is this something I should look out for when I re root it? I'm debating about loading cyangen mod on it but I'm not sure how much this could impact that also where is a good how to place for getting cm on my s3?

TheJustPull

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Figures the Verizon version isn't supported.. I'm not sure I wanna go about unlocking my bootloader and all that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11