Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Annoyance: Verizon S3 lock screen activated after phone calls

My lock screen activates after I finish any phone call. I have it set to activate after 29 minutes 45 seconds (max possible), but no matter what, if I finish a phone call, the phone locks. Am I missing some other setting?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-24-2014 at 04:27 PM.

Default Re: Annoyance: Lock screen activated after phone calls

I don't see any setting in the Dialer app that would cause the behavior that you describe.

Is the screen just turning off when the call ends or is it actually activating the lock screen?

Do you have any apps installed that modify the lock screen (adding widgets; alternate lock screen controls; etc)?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    I don't see any setting in the Dialer app that would cause the behavior that you describe.

Is the screen just turning off when the call ends or is it actually activating the lock screen?

Do you have any apps installed that modify the lock screen (adding widgets; alternate lock screen controls; etc)?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    No, this is an unrooted, unmodified device. I wonder if my company's device management system may be responsible for this?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    Mine does it also. No big deal.
    Normally, I would not get bothered by something like this. However, our company device management requires me to use a long pin to unlock the phone, so I want to keep it unlocked as much as possible to avoid re-entering the pin.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhizkids View Post
    I wonder if my company's device management system may be responsible for this?
    Sounds like you hit the nail on the head!

Turn the lock screen off in settings?
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

Galaxy Note 2 and 3 do it also. Extremely annoying. I have found no settings to deal with this problem.

Since my phone is secured with a password, which can be no shorter than 6 characters - I have to type in all of them everytime I get a phone call. This drives me crazy especially if I am using the phone to do something.

Anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by themagicianbg View Post
    Galaxy Note 2 and 3 do it also.
    How are you ending your calls? With the 'End' button in the Phone app or with the Power button?

What firmware? I haven't seen anything like this on my SCH-i535 running 4.1.2, MF1.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    How are you ending your calls? With the 'End' button in the Phone app or with the Power button?...
    If the other side ends the call - then it locks
    If I end it with the 'End' button - locks.
    Key thing is I have encrypted the device. It seems in this case its overall behavior is different and quite unpredictable.

One more thing I just noticed. If I turn on the option "Settings/Lock Screen/Lock instantly with power key" - then it locks even if I just close the lid. Without touching the power button. The moment I close the lid it locks.
    This is reeeeeeally annoying. I found no information on any of these issues anywhere.

I expect the device to lock only if the timeout is out or if I lock it explicitly with the 'power' key. It seems Samsung think different.

Versions:
    Model: sm-n9005
    Android: 4.3
    kernel: 3.4.0-2019540
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

If the other side ends the call - then it locks
    If I end it with the 'End' button - locks.
    Key thing is I have encrypted the device. It seems in this case its overall behavior is different and quite unpredictable.

One more thing I just noticed. If I turn on the option "Settings/Lock Screen/Lock instantly with power key" - then it locks even if I just close the lid. Without touching the power button. The moment I close the lid it locks.
    This is reeeeeeally annoying. I found no information on any of these issues anywhere.

I expect the device to lock only if the timeout is out or if I lock it explicitly with the 'power' key. It seems Samsung think different.

Versions:
    Model: sm-n9005
    Android: 4.3
    kernel: 3.4.0-2019540
    Hadn't thought about the encryption being the possible source of this issue. I'm encrypted too by corporate mandate.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhizkids View Post
    Hadn't thought about the encryption being the possible source of this issue.
    There you go - problem identified. Next!

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

My phone has nothing to do with with any corporate crap. Its an open unlocked phone that I do not expect to lock itself every time it feels like it. I see no logic in continuous locking especially if I am not given the choice.

Key thing is I have encrypted the device.
    I've never encrypted my phone, but since you have I wouldn't be surprised that it locks itself - that's what being secure is all about, isn't it?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

I do not expect to lock itself every time it feels like it.
    Are these phone calls exceeding your set timeout value? Perhaps the timer is running while the screen is off during the call, and as soon as you finish the call it trips the flag to lock the phone.

I have the same issue on the Samsung Galaxy S2. I use Waze while driving all the time and if someone calls me, I answer hands free just using the speaker while it is in the cradle. This works fine but when the call is ended, whether I hang up or the other caller, the screen locks. What I want is for it to return to the sat nav app. This happens with the Google navigation and with TomTom for Android. This is more annoying than anything else because you then have to unlock the phone (I use a pattern lock) to return to the sat nav.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

One thing I've noticed recently: if the phone call ends and I just let the call phone screens go away on their own (including the screen showing the contact's name with the "Call" and "Message" buttons), it will go back to whatever was open before the call. If you use the "back" button, you get the lock screen.

Cool Re: Annoyance: Lock screen activated after phone calls

I'm looking for a solution as well. Will post IF I find out how.
    This is annoying when your one-handing the phone.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    11,759 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Default Re: Annoyance: Verizon S3 lock screen activated after phone calls

Please keep the discussion civil and on-topic. Thread has been cleaned up.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

I'm going to bump this topic up. Now this is happening to me if Daydream (Dashclock) activates. I have no problem with a screen timeout (if not charging) after a few minutes, but to go to a locked screen before 29 mins 45 seconds have elapsed is extremely annoying and unproductive.

I also have this problem. Neither of my 2 Galaxy S3 s use encription nor are they currently rooted. BOTH of them go to the lock screen after a call. It's expecially annoying when I', using WAZE to navigate and get a call, then after the call it locks and I have to unlock it. WHY WHY WHY does it do this!>?!?!

There needs to be an app to stop it or a bug fix or ???
    Phones: Galaxy S3 [X2]
    Tablets: ipad mini+ slate7

I have been having the same issue on S3 mini since the corporate policy was implemented. This does not happen on other Android devices, just Samsung. I have tried everything possible to resolve and have not been successful. I am a regular user in the car and am forced to enter 6-digit PIN after every call to use again. This must be fixed.

I created an account just to follow this post because I have the same problem. I have a Verizon Galaxy S3, unrooted, unencrypted, not on a corporate. Phone set with a pattern lock after 10 minutes. Maybe it is related to 4.3. It could be like someone before said that the lock counter keeps going while on the phone and if it is exceeded then the phone locks on hangup. Earlier today I had to unlock my phone during a call to change the bluetooth settings and then it still relocked after I hung up.

Exactly same here : Nexus 5, corporate , encrypted - same issue after call ends. Brings me to lock screen with 6 figures to type while driving :-( ............................ Anyone, cure ?

Actually, I think this is a core Android bug and not even a Samsung one. It's happened as long as I can recall on any phone with a PASSWORD, not pattern lock. And yup, it's annoying as all hell.
    Thanked by:
    GSDer 

Quote Originally Posted by David Shay View Post
    It's happened as long as I can recall on any phone with a PASSWORD, not pattern lock
    Which would explain why I have never experienced it, since I've only used Pattern & PIN locks. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast