Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 14151617
Like Tree75Likes

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default Re: Where is the 4.3 Update for the Verizon Galaxy S3?

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    I don't know how much the menus have changed from 4.1.2 to 4.3, but it was Settings -> Back up and reset -> Factory data reset.That totally depends on how much preparation you perform before the reset. Ideally you should do the following three things:
    - sync all of your data with Google: go to Settings -> Google (under the Accounts heading), select your Gmail account and then review everything in the list to be sure that what you want to be synced is selected. Then press the 'Sync now' button.
    - use the Kies software on your PC to backup your information: allows you to backup your contacts, SMS/MMS, pictures/videos (stored on the internal memory), call logs and TouchWiz settings.
    - use something like
    Cloud Drive:
    Drive Photo Uploader:
    Dropsync:
    to backup your pictures/videos to the cloud (never can be too careful - even if your pictures/videos are on an SD card, they are subject to random corruption).You could use something like Helium: to backup your apps and app data (be warned, the UI is less than intuitive and you can easily end up only backing up your app data but not your apps, or your apps but not your app data). Yes. Helium will back that up IF Swype is in the list. If not, you'll have to see if there's a way to manually save that data to your SD card or elsewhere.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    Thanks for the detailed info! I'll check those suggestions. I heard someone else mention a program called carbonite. Is this a good backup option?
    Thanked by:

Can someone give me the 4.3 update zip for those ppl who got it on their phone so I can just update my phone from recovery mode

Quote Originally Posted by dknight1996 View Post
    Can someone give me the 4.3 update zip for those ppl who got it on their phone so I can just update my phone from recovery mode
    How can I do that?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Its gonna require you to go in the system with file manager or somethings and look for the update itslef and then copy it and then put it in dropbox or something to make a link.

OK if I can figure that out I will try and do that!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Ok thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Medic1210 View Post
    I heard someone else mention a program called carbonite
    There's Carbonite Mobile: - from the same folks that provide cloud backup solutions for PCs. I've never used either, so I can't comment, other than to say that you have to have an account with them; I'm not sure of the annual cost.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by pre2930 View Post
    My paid Swiftkey also disappeared. How do I reinstall?
    I assume that Swiftkey is still on your Google play store account, you should be able to re-install it from there, and it will know that it's licensed.

Hi. My S3 is on O2 network and I have just received the update to 4.3. It's brilliant!!

Re: Swiftkey. Mine was uninstalled on the upgrade and I was able to go into Google Play and reinstall.

My two big problems now are that Google Drive crashes every time I try to open a document and FoxFi doesn't work anymore.

FoxFi, and other tethering apps are broken.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 14151617