Where is the 4.3 Update for the Verizon Galaxy S3?

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Aren't we supposed to receive 4.3 today? I know of there were issues with the update on the international version, but it seems att got theirs as scheduled...

Posted via Android Central App

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Today is the day originally published in the leaked Samsung update memo. AT&T was supposed to get it 11/13 per the memo, but got it on 11/20. Even so, I think Samsung and Verizon will do everything they can to get it out today. I'm sure they really, really want it installed before Black Friday (Galaxy Gear!). Next week will have many people on vacation and travelling. Not a good scenario for either the end user side or the support side. So, I think it rolls today!

delldude405

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I've been out of the loop here lately. What will 4.3 bring us with the updated? More features, less features? Better software? I hope it does something with the RAM!

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
From what I gather, faster performance, knox security, revamped ui- looking closer to s4, better battery and gear support (which I don't care about)

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I've been out of the loop here lately. What will 4.3 bring us with the updated? More features, less features? Better software? I hope it does something with the RAM!

There's a lot more coming w/ this. I cannot wait for Lock Screen Widgets and Photo Sphere (assuming they're included)

Samsung Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 Update: 13 Changes and Features Leaked from Galaxy S4 New Firmware - International Business Times

lkovach

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Gonna try kies in little bit. At the rate we're going, they might as well just give us kitkat

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Verizon should at least let us know what's going on....

Then they would have to acknowledge what they are doing. But I agree, they should at least attempt to keep their customers in the loop on the products that they sell.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S 3

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Just checked kies and there's no update there either

I think we're done here, probably for 2 weeks. No update is going to go out over the weekend. And with next week being Thanksgiving week, I doubt we'll see anything then, either. Thanks, Verizon. Somehow everyone else managed to get this done, even a small carrier like US Cellular. Not you guys, though. If I didn't have to use your network, I would not...

lkovach

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I think we're done here, probably for 2 weeks. No update is going to go out over the weekend. And with next week being Thanksgiving week, I doubt we'll see anything then, either. Thanks, Verizon. Somehow everyone else managed to get this done, even a small carrier like US Cellular. Not you guys, though. If I didn't have to use your network, I would not...

I'm giving Verizon hell right now even though it won't do us any good. Verizon seriously sucks when it comes to updates. I would leave, but no one else has the coverage they do

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
The way I see it is Verizon wants to make sure the updates actually work before sending them out.
I've never had a bad one, yet anyway.

lkovach

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
The way I see it is Verizon wants to make sure the updates actually work before sending them out.
I've never had a bad one, yet anyway.

If the other carriers were able to get it out by today, there's no reason verizon couldn't do it

Empty J

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
VERIZON GALAXY S3 ANDROID 4.3 UPDATE STILL MISSING

The Sprint and U.S. Cellular Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 updates mean that the Verizon Galaxy S3 is now the only remaining big name Galaxy S3 without the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update. To make things worse, the leaked schedule that leaked out weeks ago suggested that the release date for the Verizon Galaxy S3 would be today.

Thus far, we haven’t seen any movement over at Verizon or at Samsung. Typically, we see Verizon post details before rolling out the update and so far, the carrier has remained silent. Of course, Verizon is known to heavily test its software and given the issues that we’ve seen in the United Kingdom and given the delays that we saw with Sprint and AT&T, it’s possible that Verizon is going to need a little longer to deploy its update.

In recent days, we’ve seen Verizon attempt to shed its “always last to updates” image but it’s clear that it still has some work to do. Not only is the Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 update last among the big devices, it still hasn’t rolled out the Galaxy Nexus Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update.

:(