Where is the 4.3 Update for the Verizon Galaxy S3?

mdeva

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
The way I see it is Verizon wants to make sure the updates actually work before sending them out.
I've never had a bad one, yet anyway.

Jelly Bean killed my Moto Razr - and BELIEVE ME Verizon knows this!

Posted via Android Central App

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Jelly Bean killed my Moto Razr - and BELIEVE ME Verizon knows this!

The GS2's got JB and my Skyrocket was flawless on it so I think that is more limited to specific phone models. A ton of models got JB and they weren't "killed" by the update. I tended to avoid devices with OMAP processors because my experience has been that they degrade in performance more than Snapdragon devices as they are updated (but that may be merely placebo).

As has been stated, JB for all the US variant GS3 devices had no major issues, unless having to clear data on "Downloads" counts as a major bug worthy of halting an OTA update...

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Greenland Telecom's S3 will get it before Verizon's does...because Verizon wants to inspect every single line of code to make sure it won't bring down their network.

Unless they pull one of their late night specials, I'm assuming we're done for today. Feel like one of the toys on the Island of Misfit Toys waiting every year for Santa to come take them away.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a bunch of impatient 20 something year olds in this thread.
The update will get to us when it gets to us.

lkovach

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
So apparently the HTC Droid DNA is now getting 4.3 on Verizon and the S3 is still without it

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Geez you people don't stop. Sounds like a bunch of 5 yr olds. "But but but they have it...... so I want it" wahhhhhhh! Who cares if others have released theirs or other phones are getting updates. Ours will come when it's ready. You people already know vzw is slow at releasing so why are you still complaining.

lkovach

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Geez you people don't stop. Sounds like a bunch of 5 yr olds. "But but but they have it...... so I want it" wahhhhhhh! Who cares if others have released theirs or other phones are getting updates. Ours will come when it's ready. You people already know vzw is slow at releasing so why are you still complaining.

The point is like everyone is saying...the S3 never received anything between 4.1.2 and 4.3. So yeah, we are going to complain. Deal with it or don't read the comments anymore, simple as that.

clembrowning

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
here's what I say, a lot of people don't get this phone free, they actually paid the full retail price. When you pay 500 to 700 dollars for something I think people expect to be taken care of with the updates. Most of this same hype came from the 4.1.2 update as well. So what has made this FW so crappy now. Who knows, but I myself have not had any issues with it, other than I hate bloated ware and the **** runs constantly. So I hope when this new update comes out people are happy but I doubt it cause Kit Kat is on its way as well, so this thread will quickly turn into Where is the Verizon Kit Kat update. Its kind like JJWetworth. Its my update and I need it now

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I see both sides of the argument here, but I also see no reason why Verizon is so notoriously slow with updates. The argument was supposed to be they are slow because they check them out more and test more. That can't be true because we all know how many problems their update during the summer had. I just think they are slow because they are the biggest player and can do whatever they want, plus they are probably adding more crappy bloat like they did last time with the caller name id BS.

Jarrod411

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I think the problem most people have is that their complete lack of communication sucks. They could avoid all this by simply being proactive I letting us know what's going on. As AT&T says "It's not complicated"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

clembrowning

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion all the phone should come like the nexus, completely stock Android, and just let the people choose what launchers and such that they want to use, I'm a big fan of TW just because I like some of the wigets that it offers. I love my S3 and will probably have it for awhile. Even after the updates stop, most firmwares for awhile will work and then it'll be off to rooting and roming to get Lemon Drop or whatever there going to call it. But if we could all go complete stock android they could almost update all the phones at once and updates would be much quicker for all carriers.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion all the phone should come like the nexus, completely stock Android, and just let the people choose what launchers and such that they want to use, I'm a big fan of TW just because I like some of the wigets that it offers. I love my S3 and will probably have it for awhile. Even after the updates stop, most firmwares for awhile will work and then it'll be off to rooting and roming to get Lemon Drop or whatever there going to call it. But if we could all go complete stock android they could almost update all the phones at once and updates would be much quicker for all carriers.

Unfortunately, it's the skins that people buy when they choose the S4 or One or G2. They're buying all of the little extras that the manufacturer puts in like S-share, the fancy camera options, etc. This is what differentiates Samsung from HTC from LG, etc.

Moto has taken a route with the X that no one has really taken yet. Essentially, a stock phone with some really unique features. Maybe this will start a trend. It's unlikely though as I'm sure Samsung and the rest will continue to believe that their features will push sales.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

clembrowning

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you on that, like I said that's why I like TW, and I like some things about sense as well, but as far as this updates goes, we will see when we see it, I agree if its being tested to make it bud free that's awesome. We will see it before Christmas though, gotta sell them watches lol

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you on that, like I said that's why I like TW, and I like some things about sense as well, but as far as this updates goes, we will see when we see it, I agree if its being tested to make it bud free that's awesome. We will see it before Christmas though, gotta sell them watches lol

I believe it's the skins that makes the testing process so long. It's a double edged sword.

As for me, I just ordered my Moto X. I've always preferred Moto phones to all of the others but I couldn't pass up on the S3. Looks like Moto has finally caught up with the X.

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Someone on Google+ claims a higher level vzw rep told them testing is done and the 4.3 update should start rolling out Tuesday.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I believe it's the skins that makes the testing process so long. It's a double edged sword.

As for me, I just ordered my Moto X. I've always preferred Moto phones to all of the others but I couldn't pass up on the S3. Looks like Moto has finally caught up with the X.

No. Lol. Its Verizon's preloaded apps. Friend just got an S4 today and there are like 20 proloaded apps in the 4.3 update. I hope 4.3 for this phone doesn't come with all that crap. Amazon app store, mp3, kindle, audible, tripadvisor or whatever, etc. Its ridiculous. Most I've ever seen on a phone, by quite a margin.

TW is the same on all and it didn't stop the other carriers. AT&T pushed out the Skyrocket 4.1.2 update fast and that was a massive update co pared to 4.3 for this phone, because they didnt fiddle as much Samsung's build as Verizon does.

That is not where the bottleneck lies.
Verizon also bakes their cloud services into the phone at the system level (TW modifications required). They really do more to modify the phone than any other carrier. That is why their testing takes so long. To make sure their value add apps/services work... And there are a ton of them...

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy