General licensing question, ran into with Titanium Backup

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What's the question?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Well, I answered the question, but couldn't delete the posting, darn it. It's a long story. I've been working on battery usage with my phone, and had greenified Google Play Services and Google Play Store, as well as freezing Google Services Framework (which I defrost when I need to go the Play Store, not very often). I was in the process of cutting off wakeup paths for Google Play Services and Google Play Store using greenify, and apparently cut off one too many, since when I tried to bring up Titanium Backup to unfreeze Google Services Framework so I could go to the Play Store and pick up something or other, Titanium Backup froze with "Checking license" on the screen.

So I went into greenify and restored the cut off wakeup paths for both Google Play Services and Google Play Store, and then Titanium Backup came up just fine. I was trying to figure out whether it was Google Play Services or Google Play Store that was the key piece here, and saw from the internet that Google Play Store was probably the culprit (which was the answer to my question *smile*). So I decided that I'd continue to cut off wakeup paths for Google Play Services, and be more careful with Google Play Store so that apps like Titanium Backup that need to check for licensing could do that.

Now, aren't you glad you asked *smile*.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Yup, thanks for the info.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton