Talkback

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdeva

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else find Talkback annoying? And that it is initiated at every restart?

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
And that it is initiated at every restart?
If you look in Settings -> Accessibility, under Services, you must have at least one app that runs as a service. There's a bug (in the Samsung implementation?) that causes Talkback to show up in the Status bar even though it's actually Off. This only happens when there are other apps installed as services.

You can either ignore the icon in the Status bar or go in and fiddle with the Talkback settings until it goes away, and then deal with it again after the next restart - your choice.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

mdeva

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks

I do have two other services (useful ones) running, but I hate clutter - and find the Talkback very annoying; both the app itself, and an unnecessary icon on the status bar. Occasionally I click it on while trying to Force Stop it. This results in a five minute battle to halt it's incessant bleating (turning it off is not, apparently, a viable option).

Anyway, it's just one of the many irritating features (read "bugs") of this phone. Just wondering why nobody else finds it idiotic.

hh72385

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Yea it's annoying. You know you can long press it on the drop down menu, click on app info and force close it

mdeva

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
By the way, long-clicking doesn't always work either - maybe 70% of the time. The other 30%, talkback yaps on and on and on - it's like having a second wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar