Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Talkback

    Anyone else find Talkback annoying? And that it is initiated at every restart?

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Talkback

    I haven't had any problems.

    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 3
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Talkback

    Quote Originally Posted by bontjes View Post
    I haven't had any problems.

    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 3
    Sooooo
    Talkback doesn't auto-start on your device?
    Hmmmmm.

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Talkback

    Well it does. I just don't see it as a problem or an annoyance.

    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 3
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Talkback

    Quote Originally Posted by mdeva View Post
    And that it is initiated at every restart?
    If you look in Settings -> Accessibility, under Services, you must have at least one app that runs as a service. There's a bug (in the Samsung implementation?) that causes Talkback to show up in the Status bar even though it's actually Off. This only happens when there are other apps installed as services.

    You can either ignore the icon in the Status bar or go in and fiddle with the Talkback settings until it goes away, and then deal with it again after the next restart - your choice.

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Talkback

    Thanks

    I do have two other services (useful ones) running, but I hate clutter - and find the Talkback very annoying; both the app itself, and an unnecessary icon on the status bar. Occasionally I click it on while trying to Force Stop it. This results in a five minute battle to halt it's incessant bleating (turning it off is not, apparently, a viable option).

    Anyway, it's just one of the many irritating features (read "bugs") of this phone. Just wondering why nobody else finds it idiotic.

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  
    hh72385's Avatar

    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

    Default Re: Talkback

    Yea it's annoying. You know you can long press it on the drop down menu, click on app info and force close it

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    mdeva 
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Talkback

    Quote Originally Posted by hh72385 View Post
    Yea it's annoying. You know you can long press it on the drop down menu, click on app info and force close it

    Posted via Android Central App
    Yup - do that 3-6 times a day.

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Talkback

    Why does your phone restart 3-6 times a day?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

    If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

    Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Talkback

    No clue.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Talkback

    By the way, long-clicking doesn't always work either - maybe 70% of the time. The other 30%, talkback yaps on and on and on - it's like having a second wife.

Similar Threads

  1. Smart Launcher + TalkBack fail
    By nolittdroid in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-09-2014, 10:25 AM
  2. Nexus 7 Tablet (2013) - TalkBack: changes touch or is faulty
    By mtwilson310 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2014, 10:57 AM
  3. talkback icon
    By teelaa002 in forum Samsung Galaxy 3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-21-2013, 06:21 PM
  4. Rooted! Now "Talkback" and "Chrome" are trying to self-update, and failing
    By TigerDave99 in forum Google Nexus 7 (2013) Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-13-2013, 01:50 PM
  5. KILL Talkback??
    By gibraltar in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-03-2013, 07:06 PM

Posting Permissions