1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any Navigation Apps out there?

Google used to allow input of start & destination plus mode=walk.

No longer.

Anyone know any Apps that do this?

Default Re: Any Navigation Apps out there?

Google still offers this. Open Maps, click on the navigation icon in the search bar (that looks like an arrow pointing slightly to the right) and then you can punch in your destination and choose your mode (from left to right: driving, public transit, biking, walking).

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted S3

This is still accurate as of version 7.4.0 (verified December 10th 2013). Thanks EvilMonkey.

The only functionality I don't see on the new app is the ability to show traffic. Other than that all functions are still there.

Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    The only functionality I don't see on the new app is the ability to show traffic. Other than that all functions are still there.
    Hit menu (or the hamburger icon in the bottom left) and the first option is "traffic" along with some other options (like satellite, Google Earth, etc).
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Won't allow point of origination - which is a functionality subtraction. I wanted to know how long it would take me to walk from a known restaurant to a known theater.

Anyone see how to do that as easily as 3 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by mdeva View Post
    Won't allow point of origination - which is a functionality subtraction. I wanted to know how long it would take me to walk from a known restaurant to a known theater.

Anyone see how to do that as easily as 3 years ago?
    1. Open Maps
    2. Press the directions button (the up-slightly-to-the-right arrow in the search bar).
    3. Press the walking guy to choose walking directions (the one on the far right)
    4. Press the top location (that defaults to "my location") and pick the starting location (in your case, the restaurant)
    5. Press the bottom location (that defaults to "choose destination") and pick the destination (in your case, the theater)
    6. You'll now see the map and how long it will take you at the bottom, along with a preview button. Press on that to preview the route (note, pressing the button goes to map mode to preview, while pressing the text will take you to a list of turn-by-turn directions).

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    Hit menu (or the hamburger icon in the bottom left) and the first option is "traffic" along with some other options (like satellite, Google Earth, etc).
    I did notice this isn't available while navigating, but at the bottom of the screen you'll see a time to destination (or miles or arrival time depending on what you have displaying, since touching it toggles between them) and those numbers are color-coded to the traffic for your route (red, yellow or green). Pressing menu, alternative routes will display other routes and traffic conditions in map view.
    Thanked by 2: