Forget 4.3

pjcruiser

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
We on Verizon are still waiting on 4.2.2! Last year we were promised "Premium Suite" with 4.2.2. Did anyone UN ROOTED get this update? Nope. We are now a full three Android Versions behind "latest tech" Is this the Apple iOS7 thing again? New software works but makes your device terrible so buy a new one... If you want the Galaxy Gear watch, buy a Note 3.

Just a thought :'(

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
There is another thread on 4.3. 4.2 was skipped and we should be getting 4.3 soon (hopefully).

Posted via Android Central App

pjcruiser

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
There is another thread on 4.3. 4.2 was skipped and we should be getting 4.3 soon (hopefully).

I realize there is another thread on 4.3. My point was don't hold your breath. If you held it the last time we were promised an update you would have been dead for quite a while.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you really believe that whining on a forum is going to help?
It'll get here when it does, whatever version we get.

pjcruiser

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Do you really believe that whining on a forum is going to help?
It'll get here when it does, whatever version we get.
I hope you are calling out the other thread as whining. Verizon is not in business to push updates. Why would they keep updating a phone that is nearly 2 1/2 years old. They want you to extend your contract and get a new phone.

We are to the point of whining out of frustration.

By the way your QR is very funny! And true!

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I hope you are calling out the other thread as whining. Verizon is not in business to push updates. Why would they keep updating a phone that is nearly 2 1/2 years old. They want you to extend your contract and get a new phone.

The phone isnt even 2 years old yet. And it would benefit them to push the update because then they would have the possibility of selling more Galaxy Gear watches, since the S3 would now be compatible. Not a sermon, just a thought.

pjcruiser

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
The phone isnt even 2 years old yet. And it would benefit them to push the update because then they would have the possibility of selling more Galaxy Gear watches, since the S3 would now be compatible. Not a sermon, just a thought.

Your right, its a year and a half old, July 2012. I would be interested to learn the profit margin that Verizon would receive from the gear watch. Since you can buy it from other vendors for the same price. What would Verizon get out of selling the Gear separately? I feel they would profit more from the bundle of the two (Gear and Note 3)

Agreed, Not a sermon, just thoughts

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I am apparently still working with stone tablets and chisels - how do you scan a QR code embedded as someone's picture?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
GSDer, I use Barcode Scanner from the play store
Um, right, but I don't see a way to scan the QR code within an app (like Tapatalk) - from what I can tell, you have to point the camera on the phone at another medium to capture the QR code displayed there (stone tablets & chisels again).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I believe this is the thread that was called out as whining. This does not mean that the other thread is not whining. The two are not mutually exclusive.

mugenlude19

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I work for a VZW retailer and we got a sick deal on the gear. Sick enough for me to buy a used S3 off a friend for 50 and let my HTC one sit around a little! I can't wait!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513