I am trying to unbrick my hard bricked verizon Galaxy s3 SCH-i535 phone.

After trying to unlock it through several failed attempts with an micro SD card with .img files written onto it, I am looking for alternative files to try.

Anybody know where I can find any? I have only been able to find one so far. Any help is much appreciated.

I don't want to send it in to get it fixed for the sake of posterity. Thanks!
    12-17-2013 06:46 PM
    Joseph,

Welcome to the forums!

As the name implies, hard brick means that it's dead - no power on, or completely buggered up firmware such that you can't get into Recovery mode or Download mode, not even with a JIG.

So, what state is your phone really in? Can you boot into Download mode?
    - If so, what is it that you're trying to do - return to stock (non-rooted)?
    - If not, do you have a JIG?
    -- You could consider a JTAG service (ex. http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...-brick-repair/) before giving it up for lost
    -- I also came across a post that involved putting a special partition layout on an SD card that the poster swore recovered his hard bricked device - I'll see if I can find it (it referred to a YouTube video)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    12-17-2013 08:44 PM
    did you ever find the .img files? the JTAG service is looking real good right about now.
    01-21-2014 04:45 AM
    did you ever find the .img files?
    Check out http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2581166
    [GUIDE] Debrick your bricked SCH-I535! [BOOTLOADER/HARDBRICK]

Be sure you get the correct file, depending on whether your phone was running 4.3 stock or something earlier.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    eibbed0001 likes this.
    01-21-2014 10:02 AM
    I realize this thread is a few months old but I wanted to let people know for future reference that the method on the XDA forum worked for me. I think if you get it to boot you'll still need to flash it again to get everything working properly again. I, however, can not get it working again.

Check out [GUIDE] Debrick your bricked SCH-I535! [BOOTLOADER/HARDBRICK] - xda-developers
    [GUIDE] Debrick your bricked SCH-I535! [BOOTLOADER/HARDBRICK]

Be sure you get the correct file, depending on whether your phone was running 4.3 stock or something earlier.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    GSDer likes this.
    04-07-2014 03:22 PM