Verizon Galaxy S3: 4.3 update questions and issues!

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Figured instead of having many different threads for issues or questions, why not have one thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 4.3 update questions and issues!

My first issue is when deleting a picture in the gallery, it takes about 10 seconds for the picture to actually delete once you hit the delete button. I tried doing a battery pull and also clearing the cache but still no change. Before with the old os 4.1.2, I could delete a picture in a second or 2 the max

Markctco

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

My first issue is when deleting a picture in the gallery, it takes about 10 seconds for the picture to actually delete once you hit the delete button. I tried doing a battery pull and also clearing the cache but still no change. Before with the old os 4.1.2, I could delete a picture in a second or 2 the max

I remember seeing in a different forum that with new updates, especially large ones that it takes a little time for the firmware to "settle in"? I'm certainly not explaining it like that poster did but it made sense when I read it. He basically recommended giving the update some time and not to panic...not yet anyway:)

Markctco

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

I do think this new thread is a good idea, as I'm one of many who would like to hear how this update takes before I hit the button. So c'mon people, let's hear some reviews!

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Now the picture deleting is slow in gallery but not when you view in camera

Other than that love the update. Lock widgets and toggle customization. S beam added and able to move/remove them

Posted via Android Central App

snappedandgotapre

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Umm, my lockscreen widgets are gone! I can't figure out how to set them back up.

and my Verizon GS3!

minnieusa

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

They totally took navigation away. How could they be so inept with the maps update that everyone hates

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Gbuch

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

A few of my apps are not oppening anymore (most of which return messages such as "Unfortunately, Opera Mini has stopped"). chrome, however, opens and closes without warning...

Any suggestions on what i should do? i tried restarting and clearing cache of some apps...

(Edit) some other apps not working are dropbox and trustgo security. There might be others too, I have quite a few apps...

Yeag3r

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

Ever since the update I have Samsung Hub and Verizon Cloud in my Play Store apps for an update.Can't find a way to turn them off. Any ideas?

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

Umm, my lockscreen widgets are gone! I can't figure out how to set them back up.

and my Verizon GS3!

They are under the lock screen settings menu. You can turn them on and off there.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

As mentioned in other posts. My notification sounds are not working at all. Stinks. If anyone finds a fix let us know! I will keep messing around.

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

On the up side. I really like the new notification drop downs. They got rid of the forever wifi notification which is awesome and it is now back where it belongs in the settings toggle. Some small tweaks in the way some things look in the menus but nothing major. Over all a good update so far, hope they fix the few bugs being seen already.

High resolution contact pics are great too!

Airlid

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site

Where did they hide usb debugging?

firetruck41

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

No longer able to use a hotspot widget to circumvent the hotspot fee. Now it directs you to customer service to sign up for a hotspot plan.
(Stock gs3)

newbroot83

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

and my Verizon GS3!

Change your lock screen back to swipe (at least thats how it worked ob a 4.3 rom lol)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

zippox180

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Keep tapping your build number under about phone to unlock developer options. Its under there

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

One issue I notice different is in the mobile web. Before when hitting back button it would close my tabs. Now it just brings to home screen and when reopening there are still all tabs open

ngc457

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

My S3 will auto reboot every time I access the clipboard. If I access the clipboard through the stock keyboard by tapping and holding microphone/setting button then tapping on clipboard the phone will freeze and autoreboot. If I go to a blank text field of any program press and hold to bring up the paste and clipboard buttons and I select clipboard the clipboard will appear. If I am lucky I can select something to paste. However it will freeze and my phone autoreboots.

I have cleared partition cache and still issue. I plan on clearing partition cache again and factory reset when I have time tomorrow.

In the meantime, please access the clipboard by the above 2 methods and see if your phone does the same. Report back if you have issues. Curious on if this is widespread or just me.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Great observation. Curious - do your BoA alerts come from a number that isn't 10 digits? For example Twitter sends txt alerts from 40***, FB uses 7-9 digit numbers etc.

We're not responsible to troubleshoot things for Google/HTC/Sprint, but I do have a suggestion - try adding BoA to your contacts using the numer the txts come from as a mobile number. I get alerts from Chase, E-Trade and Twitter using non 10 digit numbers, but I have them all in my contacts simply because I could add a picture to ID who the txts were from. I've never had this issue, and am wondering if that's why.

Go into settings and volume, and turn the notification volume up. At least my notifications were set with volume at 0 after updating.

My biggest issue is the occasional 2 second delay in turning the screen on with the power button.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo