Any news on connecting to WPA2 Enterprise on the S3 with 4.1.2?

Dawn Mooney1

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Of course the rest of the world is leaps and bounds ahead of Android apparently. We use WPA2 Enterprise at work (as many corporations do) and more and more people are navigating away from Apple and wanting Android due to the ease of use and the open source apps that many professionals use. Why can we still not connect to a WPA Enterprise network????? There is some post out there on how to do this using the PEAP, 801.xEAP and MSCHAPV2 but it does not work. Apparently this may have been fixed in 4.2.1 but I have not confirmed that with anyone, just read it in a post on another site. Does anyone have any solid information about this?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Dawn,
Welcome to the forums!

I can't speak for all Android devices (I don't remember my HTC Thunderbolt having Wi-Fi connection issues) but my Samsung Galaxy S III is certainly picky about what it will/won't connect to.

I don't have access to a WPA2 Enterprise connection, and when I worked at a large corporation they didn't allow any non-corporate devices on their network anyway (they had a dedicated Open network connection for guests and contract employees), so I won't be of much help other than to agree that the SGSIII is sub-optimal.

Perhaps there's something in the Google Play Store that will help?

Edit:
SecureW2 JoinNow: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.securew2.paladin&token=CuomkJNn
Secure Access: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...motorolasolutions.secureaccess&token=2Nw1v4Im

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

wrxg33k

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
What issue are you seeing exactly? I'm a network engineer and work a lot with enterprise wifi. My galaxy s3 has no issues with connecting to a PEAP/MSCHAPv2 network. The only issue is that the phone does not auto select Phase 2 (outer method) as MSCHAPv2 and you must manually select it sometimes. In fact, I'm connected to a WPA2/AES 802.1X ssid right now with peap/mschapv2.

Dawn Mooney1

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
It just will not connect no matter what I try. There has to be a trick somewhere that I'm not seeing. Can you walk me through how to change it exactly so it works? I go into my settings and create a new network. I put in our SSID then select 802.1x EAP, EAP method = PEAP, phase 2 = MSCHAPV2. For identity I put in my user ID and for password I obviously place my password there. I have tried with my domain in front and without in the Identity field and it does not connect. It sits there for a few seconds then opens back up to edit that network. UGH. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

TheGrinch

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I've go the same problem. I cannot connect to our WPA2 Enterprise SSID that uses TLS. I can install the certificate and modify the advanced Wi-Fi settings to suit, but the devices just fail to connect. I can connect a Nexus & Moto g device, but cannot connect any of the Samsung devices I have (S2, S3, S4, S5, or Galaxy Note 10.1). I have also tried using the Wifi Config Editor app without success. It's infuriating.