Samsung S3 does not receive text msg.

designwebs

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a question I am posting for my friend. He has a Samsung S 3 and whenever I call him his phone goes straight to voicemail. Always. Then he does not receive any texts from me. I have no problem sending text to others only him. He has taken his phone back to VZW and they have replaced the sim card and we still have the same results.

I am on VZW as well. Anyone else had this problem?

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Check to see if he has his phone on Blocking mode, as he may have your number blocked inadvertently.

Posted from my Verizon Galaxy S III via Android Central App... And Don't Eat Yellow Snow!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure that (s)he didn't accidentally select 'Add to reject list' in the Contacts app?
2y5yzyqy.jpg
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

designwebs

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies so far. My buddy called VZW last night and they had him check to see if the phone was rejecting my msg. The box was not checked from GSDer post. What they did find out that if I send a msg to multiply people and attach a photo he gets it. They said they had never seen anything like this and would have their tech support people look into it.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
if I send a msg to multiply people and attach a photo he gets it
That's an MMS, which uses mobile data; regular TMs (SMS) use the cellular signal, just like phone calls.

I assume that you get phone calls and SMS from him/her with no issues?

Have your friend boot the phone into Safe mode and then try calling him/her.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4