- 190 Posts
Unable to encrypt device
I'm trying to encrypt my S3. However, when I go through all the prompts to enable the encryption, it finally brings me to a black screen with the Android encryption figure:
However, after about 30 seconds, the phone reboots, and I'm back at my login screen. No encryption.
- 12-21-2013, 08:29 AM #2
- 12-21-2013, 10:23 AM #3
- 01-27-2014, 02:44 PM #4
- 1 Posts
Re: Unable to encrypt device
I'm having this exact same problem with my Sprint S3 on 4.3
It only occurs when the device is rooted.
It seems like it is impossible to encrypt after being rooted.
I also tried it the other way around: Encrypted stock phone then tried to root. When I reboot after rooting, I input encryption password, then it hangs at that screen indefinitely.
- By Shane Dowler in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 15Last Post: 01-23-2014, 11:52 AM
- By Manoj Bhaskaran in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 10Last Post: 12-24-2013, 01:48 PM
- By andy a in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 7Last Post: 12-23-2013, 08:05 PM
- By EviI in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 4Last Post: 12-21-2013, 02:41 PM
- By rz22g in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 12-21-2013, 06:02 AM