Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ansextra
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    jerethi's Avatar

    Posts
    211 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Lock screen widgets and pin unlock

    Am I missing something, or is it not possible to use multiple lock screen widgets when pin unlock is enabled?

    Posted via my Nexus 7
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Lock screen widgets and pin unlock

    That is correct. AOSP 4.3 apparently allows, but Samsung does not.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    jerethi's Avatar

    Posts
    211 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Lock screen widgets and pin unlock

    Thanks for the reply. Guess I have a choice to make - convenience or security!

    Posted via my Nexus 7
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Lock screen widgets and pin unlock

    You're lucky you have a choice. I have Exchange policies enabled by my employer...
    gwhizkids likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Lock screen widgets and pin unlock

    Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    You're lucky you have a choice. I have Exchange policies enabled by my employer.
    You're lucky you have an employer. (Besides which, I doubt that your employer forced you to connect your phone to their network.)

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Lock screen widgets and pin unlock

    Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    You're lucky you have an employer. (Besides which, I doubt that your employer forced you to connect your phone to their network.)

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    No they don't "force" me to connect to their network but if I want to do my job properly it is necessary.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Lock screen widgets and pin unlock

    Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    if I want to do my job properly it is necessary
    If it's 'necessary' then they should be providing you with a company phone, not requiring you to BYOD.

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Lock screen widgets and pin unlock

    Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    If it's 'necessary' then they should be providing you with a company phone, not requiring you to BYOD.

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    Thank you. They pay my monthly bill. Is that acceptable to you?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Lock screen widgets and pin unlock

    before the 4.3 update my unlock method was set to require a swipe and then a pin. I cant find a way to do that with 4.3. Is it possible?
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Lock screen widgets and pin unlock

    Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    They pay my monthly bill. Is that acceptable to you?
    Quite acceptable - I'd gladly trade my $80/month bill for a little corporate inconvenience. Are they hiring?

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Lock screen widgets and pin unlock

    Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Quite acceptable - I'd gladly trade my $80/month bill for a little corporate inconvenience. Are they hiring?

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    Exactly. Not hiring anywhere that I'm aware of though...
  12. #12  
    devmountain's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

    Default Re: Lock screen widgets and pin unlock

    BYOD is the future - get used to it! :-)
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Lock screen widgets and pin unlock

    Quote Originally Posted by devmountain View Post
    BYOD is the future - get used to it! :-)
    I would welcome it. Right now, we get whatever phone VZW's trying to unload. Sometimes that works out ok, sometimes not.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Lock screen widgets and pin unlock

    Quote Originally Posted by lteitelb View Post
    before the 4.3 update my unlock method was set to require a swipe and then a pin. I cant find a way to do that with 4.3. Is it possible?
    I'm here trying to figure this out also. I have tried almost everything w/ no success which sucks b/c I really liked it this way. I don't like having my phone unlocked all the time but I do like having my lock screen widgets. Pretty terrible designing if you ask me.

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy S4: S Voice Wake up while screen is off impossible???
    By JohnnyGui in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 12:22 AM
  2. Easily identifiable difference bewteen the Note 10.1 earlier and 10.1 2014 edition
    By BigSky13 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-27-2013, 02:14 PM
  3. Verizon Galaxy Note 2 - 4.3 No More Weather on Lock Screen?
    By SHIVA77 in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-25-2013, 12:18 AM
  4. HELP! Dropped my Nexus 7 and now it won't turn on?
    By too lame to come up with a good username in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-2013, 06:09 PM
  5. HELP! Dropped my N7 and now it won't turn on?
    By too lame to come up with a good username in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-21-2013, 07:23 PM

Posting Permissions

B