1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon GS3 Hotspot Question

Obviously I have a gs3 at the moment I am stock and I pay for the mobile hotspot feature (still have an unlimited data plan). Ok bear with me....I recently moved and where I move to there is absolutely no ISP in my area, so my gs3 hotspot is my only source for internet. In different parts of my new house I can get about solid 3 bar 4g signal pulling about 6+ mps (up to 8-10 on a good day). I use it for many different things: ps3 gaming, web surfing (desktop, 2 lappys), ipods ect...using between 50-90gb a month (we watch lots of movies). Ok here is the issue....I have an old wireless router flashed with dd-wrt firmware and I want to use it as a repeater/extender for my gs3 since I get the best signal in a back room of my house which is away from where we use all of our devices...I have watched many youtube vids on how to set up the router for this but I need the ip/gateway address that I think has to be in 192.168.x.x format...how do I find this?

Sorry for the long post but i know how important details can be....Thanks

Default Re: Verizon GS3 Hotspot Question

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyD View Post
    ]I need the ip/gateway address that I think has to be in 192.168.x.x format...how do I find this?
    type the router manufacturer into google and the word address and you will find it.

192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 are used by Netgear, 192.168.2.1 by belkin. Mine are printed on the label on the bottom of the device.
    Thanked by:
    MikeyD 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I got that but what I need is what my phone is putting out

I got that but what I need is what my phone is putting out
    On GNote 3, go to settings, about phone, status and you will see the IP address and Wi-Fi MAC address. Should be the same on your phone.
    Thanked by:
    MikeyD 

You will have a 192.168.x.x address if connected to Wifi, but since you aren't, it will be determined by Verizon. Could be anything in that case.
    And, it could change at any time.
    Just sayin.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Obviously I have a gs3 at the moment I am stock and I pay for the mobile hotspot feature (still have an unlimited data plan). Ok bear with me....I recently moved and where I move to there is absolutely no ISP in my area, so my gs3 hotspot is my only source for internet. In different parts of my new house I can get about solid 3 bar 4g signal pulling about 6+ mps (up to 8-10 on a good day). I use it for many different things: ps3 gaming, web surfing (desktop, 2 lappys), ipods ect...using between 50-90gb a month (we watch lots of movies). Ok here is the issue....I have an old wireless router flashed with dd-wrt firmware and I want to use it as a repeater/extender for my gs3 since I get the best signal in a back room of my house which is away from where we use all of our devices...I have watched many youtube vids on how to set up the router for this but I need the ip/gateway address that I think has to be in 192.168.x.x format...how do I find this?

Sorry for the long post but i know how important details can be....Thanks
    Essentially, connect your computer to the phone's wifi, and assuming you're running Windows 7 or earlier, click Start, Run, and type cmd...then type ipconfig and hit enter. That should give you the ip address info you need. I can't remember the steps to make dd-wrt a repeater, but it is possible...

Posted via Android Central App