1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default headphone symbol?

Stupid question. I used to see a small pair of headphones in the top left Corner whenever I had some attached to my phone. They are no longer there. Does anyone else see them when attached to headphones?

Nothing major, just curious.

Merry Christmas!!

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: headphone symbol?

But the headphones still work, right? Do you have any 3rd party launcher apps installed, or anything else that can modify the Notification Bar?

Oh, and you're not referring to the headphones that appear when Google Play Music is open in the background, right? Icons at the upper left are usually from apps, while icons at the upper right are usually from the system. So I think the headphone icon when you plug them in should be in the upper right.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Oh, and you're not referring to the headphones that appear when Google Play Music is open in the background, right? Icons at the upper left are usually from apps, while icons at the upper right are usually from the system. So I think the headphone icon when you plug them in should be in the upper right.
    My headphones still work as I can hear what ever is playing. No icon in either corner of my notification bar. I can't see an icon in any app like Google play music, tunein, Pandora, NFL video or even NHL Radio. It just bugs me because it used to be there, and now it's gone. Again, not a huge deal. Lol

Posted via Android Central App

I think that icon went away with the last few updates, I know I don't see it with the 4.3 update, and thought it went away with the 4.1.2 update but may be wrong. Instead it now will unlock your phone when headphones are inserted, unless you have a security lock screen. I am pretty sure it isn't supposed to show the headphone icon anymore. Don't know why they go rid of it but I haven't seen it for quite some time.
    Thanked by:
    mgloss