- 2 Posts
Texting adds country code causing failed messages?
I have moved to the UK from the US, and using a Galaxy s3. I got a local sim card, and seems to work, I make phone calls, and have plenty of data.
I just found out however, that when I reply to text messages sent by friends, it automatically is adding the country code plus an extra zero (I think), so hours
later I'll get a response saying the message didn't go through. I can compose new texts with no problem, but replying for some reason adds digits. I checked
my contacts and they definitely don't have the country code in there. It's basically clipping digits off.
Oh, and I also tried setting my reference country to UK from US thinking that might help, but no luck. This is also using the default text app.
Any help would be great.
- 01-03-2014, 12:33 PM #2
- 2 Posts
Re: Texting adds country code causing failed messages?
You are my hero, thank you!
I had tried this, but what I did not realize, was the message I was replying to (myself) had already included the country code, so of course it failed.
Composed new message to myself without country code, then replied to that.
Thanks, it was very frustrating! Also offended a few ladies already accidentally
- By umvme2 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 7Last Post: 10-26-2014, 03:33 PM
- By karimito in forum LG G2Replies: 21Last Post: 06-24-2014, 03:37 PM
- By msroll in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 7Last Post: 01-08-2014, 08:48 PM
- By pjoseph in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 8Last Post: 01-05-2014, 11:10 AM
- By Paul Mante in forum Vodafone Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 01-03-2014, 10:54 AM