Cant un root, re root or remove superuser from Verizon Galaxy S3

eemc

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, SHC-I535, from Verizon. I root my phone like a year ago. Yesterday I realize that there was a new Jelly-Bean version, the 4.3. When I upgraded everything seems to work fine, I was surfing on YouTube and discover that there is a way to root your phone and install the kitkat firmware. I attempt to perform that action but for some reason the Super user is not giving me permissions, instead, is giving me an error something that there is no binary code for superuser, need to manually root your phone. I've been searching how to perform this and all the methods that I've used do not work. I cannot root my phone because it fails and I cannot un root my phone because I dont have root permissions. I cannot remove superuser niter manually or using software that most of the blogs or YouTube videos recommend. I have the 4.3 but cant un-root or re root my phone. Can somebody help me please. SOS.

Also I have factory restore my phone 2 times and nothing happens.

Thank you in Advance

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

eemc

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Ok,
GSDer thank you for your early response but I have this situation.
I already download the files for the first link you posted. I have the file in that link that is ALL_I535VRUCML1_I535VZWCML1_2198062_REV09_user_low_ship.tar.md5.7z, my first concern is the .7z, ending, I download odin v3.09 and does not recognize it. Should I use or run this file from Odin using PDA, Bootloader, or which option should I use that recognize that type of files.
Thank you

eemc

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
GSDre.
Got it I followed the GUIDE on the XDA website following your method. Thank you very much for the time you took to post this and help me solve my issue. Its done, issue has been resolved thanks to you and now my phone is rooted and working again.
Thanks!!!!!
Is there a way to close this ticket or to give you credit for this??

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to close this ticket or to give you credit for this??
Heh heh - I wish there was a way to 'close' these tickets.

Depending on what method you use to access the forums, there's usually a 'Thanks' button somewhere in the vicinity of the post that helped you. All you have to do is select that.

BTW, you're welcome - glad your phone is working again - of course, I just steered you to work that others have done: be sure to thank the OP (original poster) in those threads.

Be careful messing around with this version 4.3 firmware - it's not as forgiving as previous firmware. Be sure to read through the forums to see what others are doing before you attempt something; it'll probably save you trouble in the long run.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy