Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 new screen issue

Ok, so a few days ago my phone slipped from my hands and hit the floor, breaking the lcd screen and the digitizer. So I bought a new screen assembly from phonepartsUSA.com thinking I could simply install it to my phone which i assumed had working hardware. Today, i got the parts and put it together booted it up, and it worked, until I hit the power button and put it in standby.When I would try to use it after that, the screen would not respond to touch input. Thinking it was a software issue I did a factory reset and wiped everything, which allowed it to work. Unfortunately I hit the standby button again thinking it would be working again and it has the same problem. Anyway, this is driving me insane and after doing a ton of research I have yet to find anybody with a problem similar to mine, any help would be greatly appreciated seeing as i have no idea what to do now.

Default Re: Galaxy S3 new screen issue

I assume that you're also waking it up using the Power button - what happens if you wake it using the Home button?

If you let the screen timeout naturally (due to the sleep timer) and wake it with the Power button, does the same thing happen? What if you wake it with the Home button?

You could try something like Button Savior: if using the Power button is the cause, although I can't imagine why it would be doing that.

Perhaps you should just take it apart and put it back together again. Maybe something isn't connected or routed correctly.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    Thanked by:
    MikeTheOtterLover likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the info and for getting back to me so quickly. I am installing the app you recommended right now seeing as my phone is in one of its moods swings where it decides to work, and as for the buttons, they all work fine, the phone just does not work most of the time. I have rebuilt it nearly half a dozen times now checking everything that could be wrong but I am still getting nowhere. Just now as I have been typing this, the phone has gone from working to not responding to touch. It seems that every time the screen is off for a slightly extended period of time and i then go to use it, the screen wakes up, but the touch screen does not.

Hmm, well either that part is defective or you damaged something else (either when it was dropped or in the repair process). Hard to say which unless you have access to another phone to test that screen on.

You could contact the provider of the part to see if they have any suggestions. Sorry.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro