Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default cm after 4.3 update

Is it possible to install CM11 after you have taken the 4.3 update? I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

Default Re: cm after 4.3 update

You are likely to get a more correct answer over on XDA.

But I was under the impression that ROM flashing was strictly verboten once you accepted the official OTA. You certainly can't flash an alternate Recovery method.

Loading CMs version of 4.3 or 4.4 - maybe, if the partition layout is the same and it doesn't try to load alternate Recovery software.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Once you accept the new update, the device can no longer be unlocked and rooted, on another note, my S3 was unlocked and rooted for over a year, I have played around with numerous different roms, and they all have issues, the most glaring one is bluetooth connection issues, and too many other problems to list, I ran the most recent CM 4.4 kitkat ROM and AOKP 4.4 both had issues that I could not live with on a day to day basis, I need my phone to work all the time. So I bid the rom community farewell and locked down my S3 and took the most recent update of stock 4.3, it's the best thing I ever did, everything works the way it should and the phone is smooth as butter. If you want a reliable working phone on a day to day basis, I suggest you stay with the stock RIM.

Posted via Android Central App