- 01-05-2014, 10:30 PM #2
- 6,681 Posts
Re: cm after 4.3 update
You are likely to get a more correct answer over on XDA.
But I was under the impression that ROM flashing was strictly verboten once you accepted the official OTA. You certainly can't flash an alternate Recovery method.
Loading CMs version of 4.3 or 4.4 - maybe, if the partition layout is the same and it doesn't try to load alternate Recovery software.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
- 01-07-2014, 08:03 AM #3
- 2 Posts
Once you accept the new update, the device can no longer be unlocked and rooted, on another note, my S3 was unlocked and rooted for over a year, I have played around with numerous different roms, and they all have issues, the most glaring one is bluetooth connection issues, and too many other problems to list, I ran the most recent CM 4.4 kitkat ROM and AOKP 4.4 both had issues that I could not live with on a day to day basis, I need my phone to work all the time. So I bid the rom community farewell and locked down my S3 and took the most recent update of stock 4.3, it's the best thing I ever did, everything works the way it should and the phone is smooth as butter. If you want a reliable working phone on a day to day basis, I suggest you stay with the stock RIM.
Posted via Android Central App
- By Chen Yeremitzkey Jaro in forum Sony Xperia ZReplies: 2Last Post: 03-16-2014, 10:13 AM
- By Justin Addison in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 3Last Post: 01-07-2014, 05:23 PM
- By Bigred2989 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 6Last Post: 01-05-2014, 09:34 PM
- By score987 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 01-05-2014, 06:24 PM
- By loimon in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 0Last Post: 01-05-2014, 03:24 PM