Lock Screen and Text Notifications

rtriche

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey so with the new update came the text preview boxes. I was hoping this would be similar to the old bubbles Verizon used to have where you could swipe them from the Lock Screen and go directly to the message in the text app. However, this does not seem to be the case. When I swipe them an awkward crop box appears with like an editing option. I have no clue how to work with this. Any help/tips would be much appreciated?Thank you!

ACelts

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I agree, I added a text messages widget to my lock screen pages and was hoping to find a way to turn off the text notification...but no dice. Does anybody know of a way to turn that feature off while still keeping slide to unlock on?

ddog511

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
if you go into your messaging app settings, there is an option there to display a preview of the text in the notification area and lock screen. Remove that check mark and you'll be set. The downside though is that you lose the preview in the notification area as this setting is for both options.

EDIT: Never mind, I was wrong about that one... it still keeps the popup on the lock screen.

Last edited:

imhipper

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Not a fan of the new lock screen at all, especially the new text notification. I wish that they would bring the old bubble style seen in 4.0.4 back and be done with it.

kimerc

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Figured it out! If you are in your text screen hit the lower left button on the screen to get to settings. Scroll down to Notification Settings and uncheck the preview message box. Then in the lock screen you only see how many texts you have - it doesn't show what they say.

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If it's set up like 4.2.2 just touch the notification on the lock screen, a box will appear below it then swip inside the box.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

ACelts

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't mind the preview of the text, I want the extra home screen it's creating whenever i get texts to complete go away. I mean when you get a text, then slide to the left to get to your original home screen, I want the phone to start on that. I still want the text preview in the notification bar, but when i get a text it brings me to my original lock screen when i unlock my phone, not that awkward "text only" lock screen that shows up.

I'm assuming there is no solution without using a 3rd party lock screen right now. I just feel there should be a way to disable that screen from popping up.

rtriche

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I just feel like Verizon half-assed what they originally had with the text bubbles, which was awesome and I can't figure out why they got rid of it. Does anybody know of any apps that will provide this for android without overriding the entire messaging app? Still no fix on my end. Thanks everybody who has responded so far!

lizm223

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I've discovered that if you tap the text notification widget on the lock screen, a box appears below it to swipe to unlock, and from there the text will open. It's a pain in the *** though. I miss the bubbles from Gingerbread (I think?) too! I've been looking for a lockscreen app that can do that for a while with no luck.

Alternatively, since I don't like the idea of texts being displayed on my lock screen, there's an app called "Lockscreen Policy" by Chislon Chow that allows you to disable the text widget while keeping the notification/preview in the notification bar.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49