Verizon S3: Can't turn off lock screen with 4.3?

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I used to be able to turn off the requirement for a pin number, but now every time I turn off my phone for even a minute I have to re-enter my pin number.
Can I get around that?

Last edited by a moderator:

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Can't turn off lock screen with 4.3?

Never mind - figured it out - under security and encrypt device. I can change the requirement for using a pin when I go out easily. At home it's a pain leaving the lock on.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Delayed Lock: http://market.android.com/details?id=de.j4velin.delayedlock2
Delayed Lock WiFi-Plugin: http://market.android.com/details?id=de.j4velin.delayedlock.plugins.wifi2
There are lots of similar apps, but I started with this and have been pretty happy - keeps the phone unlocked when you're at home connected to your Wi-Fi, but reverts to your normal lock selection when you go out. There are also plug-ins for Bluetooth, etc.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Delayed Lock: http://market.android.com/details?id=de.j4velin.delayedlock2
Delayed Lock WiFi-Plugin: http://market.android.com/details?id=de.j4velin.delayedlock.plugins.wifi2
There are lots of similar apps, but I started with this and have been pretty happy - keeps the phone unlocked when you're at home connected to your Wi-Fi, but reverts to your normal lock selection when you go out. There are also plug-ins for Bluetooth, etc.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
My understanding is that these programs won't work on phones using security restrictions from corporate exchange servers however. Just something to keep in mind. I'd love to find one that would work though.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!

My understanding is that these programs won't work on phones using security restrictions from corporate exchange servers however. Just something to keep in mind. I'd love to find one that would work though.

dawgzilla

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

Ok, this should not be this difficult! i'm trying to turn off the PIN, and have no lock screen at all. Following the directions under "Encrypt Device", it still doesn't allow me to turn off the lock screen PIN. I'm certainly missing something, can anyone enlighten me? thanks.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site

Go to "Security" "Encrypt Device" "Set Screen Lock" - down at the bottom is "none"

JessIsOK

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issues. Even when I go into Security> Set Screen Lock, the "None" option is grayed out. I've removed all the apps I can think of that would have had anything to do with the screen lock and am still not able to take the screen lock to none. Anyone have any other ideas that I could try? I'd sure appreciate the help!

JamesRussell01

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Does this have to do with the "knox" security that was in the update? My wife and I both have lock screens now. As soon as we dl'd foxfi it requied a security certificate and said security certificate required vpn which required lock screen.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Does this have to do with the "knox" security that was in the update? My wife and I both have lock screens now. As soon as we dl'd foxfi it requied a security certificate and said security certificate required vpn which required lock screen.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

FoxFi now requires a password to get around KNOX, if you want free tethering.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae