Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By isabel95
  • 1 Post By nitestryker
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon S3: Can't turn off lock screen with 4.3?

I used to be able to turn off the requirement for a pin number, but now every time I turn off my phone for even a minute I have to re-enter my pin number.
    Can I get around that?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-11-2014 at 10:32 AM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Can't turn off lock screen with 4.3?

Never mind - figured it out - under security and encrypt device. I can change the requirement for using a pin when I go out easily. At home it's a pain leaving the lock on.

Delayed Lock: http://market.android.com/details?id...n.delayedlock2
    Delayed Lock WiFi-Plugin: http://market.android.com/details?id....plugins.wifi2
    There are lots of similar apps, but I started with this and have been pretty happy - keeps the phone unlocked when you're at home connected to your Wi-Fi, but reverts to your normal lock selection when you go out. There are also plug-ins for Bluetooth, etc.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks. I'll give this a try.

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Delayed Lock: http://market.android.com/details?id...n.delayedlock2
    Delayed Lock WiFi-Plugin: http://market.android.com/details?id....plugins.wifi2
    There are lots of similar apps, but I started with this and have been pretty happy - keeps the phone unlocked when you're at home connected to your Wi-Fi, but reverts to your normal lock selection when you go out. There are also plug-ins for Bluetooth, etc.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    My understanding is that these programs won't work on phones using security restrictions from corporate exchange servers however. Just something to keep in mind. I'd love to find one that would work though.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    My understanding is that these programs won't work on phones using security restrictions from corporate exchange servers however. Just something to keep in mind. I'd love to find one that would work though.

Ok, this should not be this difficult! i'm trying to turn off the PIN, and have no lock screen at all. Following the directions under "Encrypt Device", it still doesn't allow me to turn off the lock screen PIN. I'm certainly missing something, can anyone enlighten me? thanks.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Go to "Security" "Encrypt Device" "Set Screen Lock" - down at the bottom is "none"

Default Re: Verizon S3: Can't turn off lock screen with 4.3?

I'm having the same issues. Even when I go into Security> Set Screen Lock, the "None" option is grayed out. I've removed all the apps I can think of that would have had anything to do with the screen lock and am still not able to take the screen lock to none. Anyone have any other ideas that I could try? I'd sure appreciate the help!

I'm wondering if once the screen lock is set, it stays that way. Corporations would want that.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

Does this have to do with the "knox" security that was in the update? My wife and I both have lock screens now. As soon as we dl'd foxfi it requied a security certificate and said security certificate required vpn which required lock screen.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRussell01 View Post
    Does this have to do with the "knox" security that was in the update? My wife and I both have lock screens now. As soon as we dl'd foxfi it requied a security certificate and said security certificate required vpn which required lock screen.

FoxFi now requires a password to get around KNOX, if you want free tethering.
    [CENTER][COLOR="#0000FF"][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

That's what I thought. Is there no workaround to eliminate lock screen password?

Not if you want free tethering.
    [CENTER][COLOR="#0000FF"][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Go into security scroll down and clear credentials and then it'll let you turn it off!
    Thanked by:
    GBPL likes this.

Perfect! Thanks. Been driving me nuts trying to figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by nitestryker View Post
    Go into security scroll down and clear credentials and then it'll let you turn it off!
    ughhhhhh THANKS SOOO MUCH! 24 hours of dinking with it to figure out how to get this off....and FINALLY did it!
    Its the little things that make or break ya! ha!!

The "Clear Credentials" in my Samsung GS3 is not active. I can't turn off the lock screen. Thanks.
    Thanked by:

Thumbs up Re: Verizon S3: Can't turn off lock screen with 4.3?

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This was very helpful. I knew Foxfi was the cause, but I did not know how to undo it.

I cleared credentials - fixed it! thanks

Quote Originally Posted by isabel95 View Post
    I used to be able to turn off the requirement for a pin number, but now every time I turn off my phone for even a minute I have to re-enter my pin number.
    Can I get around that?