1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Galaxy S3: 4.3 Update and Vibration Patterns

It seems that before I had this awful 4.3 Update, I was able to change the vibration pattern for incoming text messages. Now it only seems like I can change it for incoming calls. I don't like the new double-vibration that is automatically set (and can't seem to be changed) for texts with 4.3.. Anyone else have the same concerns? Am I missing something?

Plus, unrelated, text messages on the lock screen are weird. I click on the preview and the screen enters an "edit" mode of sorts. I have to poke around on the screen to try to open the message. I'm confuuuuused.

I wish I wouldn't have updated
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-26-2014 at 10:12 AM.

Default Re: 4.3 Update and Vibration Patterns

I'm having the same issue. For me, the vibration isn't strong enough even though I set the vibrate to the maximum. I also really don't like the double vibrate pattern, as it just makes me think I have two messages. I get the long, strong vibrate for phone calls and email notifications, but not texts. Hopefully we get some sort of answer.

I'm not really sure what you mean about opening a text message though. When I receive a text, I can just click the message from the lock screen and it takes me right to the conversation.

This update should have never been released.

Are you both still having this issue? I am as well and have not found a solution yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Davis92 View Post
    Are you both still having this issue?
    I don't know what the settings were prior to 4.3, but it appears that there's no option in the stock Messaging app to set a different vibration pattern than what is used for incoming calls. If that's the issue that you're referring to, you can probably find a 3rd party Messaging app that will allow such a customization.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro