1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone won't even reboot now...PLEASE HELP...gotta get back to stock b4 send back 2 verizon

I have a strange issue with my GS3 Verizon. I was running Clean ROM 4 and then recently wiped it and put Clean Rom 7.0 on it. Everything was working fine until last week it started just powering off randomly. So i'd pull the battery, reboot, and voila, it worked for a while until it randomly powered down again. Today i was thinking maybe it was Clean Rom causing this so I wiped it and installed Wicked Sensations. The problem only worsened. It started powering down like every minute. Now not even a battery pull will get the phone back on. I've tried everything I know to do to get this thing back...I've tried booting to recovery by holding down power, home and vol up -- nothing. I tried going into download mode and then plugging in to PC with Oden up -- Nothing. Oden doesn't even recognize anything plugged in... phone just seems dead now. When i take battery out and plug into the wall, the red LED does come on, but that's all i get.

Verizon is sending me a replacement, but i have to get this phone unrooted and back to stock so i don't have to pay a 300 dollar fee.

Can anyone PLEASE help me get this done? I have Samsung Drivers and Oden but doesn't recognize this blank screen device...

Thanks
    Tommy

Default Re: Phone won't even reboot now...PLEASE HELP...gotta get back to stock b4 send back 2 verizon

Have you tried a different battery? It's possible that your battery is shot.

With the phone completely off and the battery installed, what happens when you connect the charger? Do you see the battery graphic?

You could try a JTAG service (ex. )

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Phone won't even reboot now...PLEASE HELP...gotta get back to stock b4 send back 2 verizon

When I put the battery in nothing happens. When i take the battery out and put the phone on the charger i get the red LED at top corner of phone. But when i put battery back in and keep it 'on charge' nothing happens.

When you get the replacement phone try its battery in it. I agree it sounds like a dead or defective battery.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by blade22222 View Post
    When you get the replacement phone try its battery in it.
    I've heard that it's pretty common for them to send a refurbished phone without a battery or back, assuming that you'll use the existing one. YMMV.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    I've heard that it's pretty common for them to send a refurbished phone without a battery or back, assuming that you'll use the existing one. YMMV.

Bummer. Might have to get a new battery then.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive. Sir Walter Scott

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post

Yes, they do NOT send a battery, back cover, charger or anything else with the replacement phones.

I've had 2 replaced (S3 and Droid X) and they only send care bones phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Unless you express concern your battery isn't working right Verizon won't send you one. All you get during a warranty replacement is the phone without back or battery.

Posted via Android Central App