1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Verizon Galaxy S3 - Sending bluetooth audio TO phone from computer

I'm a chef and I have a set of old computer speakers in my kitchen that I hook up to my phone to listen to streaming music. The problem is that the wi-fi connection in the kitchen is terrible and I'm constantly loosing signal. I get a 4G connection but I listen to music all day and don't want to use that much data. The thing is that I do have a computer in my office with a wired ethernet connection. What I'd like to be able to do is play pandora or rhapsody on the computer and send the audio TO my GS3 to be played through the speakers. Is this possible? Can you receive audio via bluetooth on the GS3? I know you can send it, obviously. Perhaps there is a special app for this? Anybody know?

Global Posts
    13,810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Verizon Galaxy S3 - Sending bluetooth audio TO phone from computer

Quote Originally Posted by T Homewood View Post
    I'm a chef and I have a set of old computer speakers in my kitchen that I hook up to my phone to listen to streaming music. The problem is that the wi-fi connection in the kitchen is terrible and I'm constantly loosing signal. I get a 4G connection but I listen to music all day and don't want to use that much data. The thing is that I do have a computer in my office with a wired ethernet connection. What I'd like to be able to do is play pandora or rhapsody on the computer and send the audio TO my GS3 to be played through the speakers. Is this possible? Can you receive audio via bluetooth on the GS3? I know you can send it, obviously. Perhaps there is a special app for this? Anybody know?
    Welcome to the forums.
    I am not quite sure how to get you to have what you want. If your PC has bluetooth, how about doing it the other way around? Stream the music from your PC to a set of bluetooth speakers?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here