Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default Default browser multiple tabs remaining open

I do have Chrome installed on my S3 but I want to fix an issue on the stock internet search browser. In Chrome this does not happen but since upgrading to the 4.3 3.0.31 software it has been occurring constantly on the default browser. I use the old News and Weather app that came with the first generation Droid. I like it because it gives me a small slice quick down and dirty on what's happening.
    If I click a link to a story...read...close...then open another story and do the same. Later when I open the default search to look something up all those old story tabs are still open. I know how to click and close the multiple tabs I just want them to close when I am finished. It is not just with this app either...links in facebook, emails etc remain open as well. I have looked at all the settings and searched the web but no help. Anything I may be missing or dump the stock browser and stick with Chrome. I know that's the easy way out but I like to fix something when I think it's broken. Thanks-DD

Global Posts
    18,840 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Default browser multiple tabs remaining open

Quote Originally Posted by derick1965 View Post
    I do have Chrome installed on my S3 but I want to fix an issue on the stock internet search browser. In Chrome this does not happen but since upgrading to the 4.3 3.0.31 software it has been occurring constantly on the default browser. I use the old News and Weather app that came with the first generation Droid. I like it because it gives me a small slice quick down and dirty on what's happening.
    If I click a link to a story...read...close...then open another story and do the same. Later when I open the default search to look something up all those old story tabs are still open. I know how to click and close the multiple tabs I just want them to close when I am finished. It is not just with this app either...links in facebook, emails etc remain open as well. I have looked at all the settings and searched the web but no help. Anything I may be missing or dump the stock browser and stick with Chrome. I know that's the easy way out but I like to fix something when I think it's broken. Thanks-DD
    That issue has always happened with all my Samsungs, going back to Android 2.3.6. One of the many reasons I stopped using the stock browser.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: Default browser multiple tabs remaining open

You're not alone. I'm having the same issue, among others, with this new update. I've owned several Samsung galaxy phones starting with the Fascinate about 5+ years ago & I don't ever recall this issue either. Very frustrating that Samsung engineers can't get this right. But the first step to finding a solution is admitting there's a problem. Neither Samsung nor Verizon know how to do that, in my experience. :\

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk