- 1 Posts
Verizon Galaxy S3: Failed root
I am sure that the answer is in here somewhere but at the moment I have exhausted all of my ability to search for it. Let me start with what is going on. I attempted to root my phone (before learning that the bootloader is locked) So when it rebooted it did not want to load anything. Right now I can get into download mode (odin) but not recovery mode. I have attempted to but the stock rom back on but every time I run it odin fails. I am at a loss at this point because I have been following the steps in the unbrick articles and nothing happens the way they say it should.
Any help would be nice.
the phone is a verizon Galaxy S3 Sch-I535
- 01-12-2014, 10:59 PM #2
- 6,680 Posts
Re: Verizon Galaxy S3: Failed root
See http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2589314 for the 4.3 firmware for Verizon phones (this assumes that you already have 4.3 on your phone - if you don't, don't follow these instructions; instead, let us know what firmware you had).
I can't say for sure, but you may need Odin v3.09.
Once you have the phone operational, you can root using Saferoot http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
- 01-14-2014, 02:05 PM #3
- 01-15-2014, 02:00 AM #4
- 01-15-2014, 09:51 AM #5
- By tombdaddy482 in forum LG Optimus G ProReplies: 12Last Post: 01-27-2014, 01:07 PM
- By zbarb3 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 01-17-2014, 09:33 AM
- By craigrn16 in forum Nexus 5 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 01-12-2014, 03:02 PM
- By alenebu in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 01-12-2014, 11:17 AM
- By Future Blade in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Replies: 0Last Post: 01-11-2014, 10:01 PM