- 4 Posts
Galaxy S3 - can't add or change ringtones with 4.3
I received the OTA 4.3 update (big mistake), and now I can't access/change the system files. I can't add my custom ringtones and I can't assign different notification tones to people. I used Voice Recorder to record "message from Bob" and then used that everytime Bob would send me a text, but I can't do that anymore. I need to be able to put that sound into the Notification folder but I can no longer edit the System folder. I am "rooted" (loosely put), and tried using ES File Explorer and Explorer (free). Any solutions?
- 01-13-2014, 11:47 PM #2
- 6,545 Posts
Re: Galaxy S3 - can't add or change ringtones with 4.3
Is there some reason you can't put your custom notification sounds in /storage/emulated/0/Notifications (or /mnt/sdcard/Notifications if you prefer the absolute path)?
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
- By Batman8888 in forum Samsung Galaxy GearReplies: 9Last Post: 07-09-2015, 10:41 AM
- By Santiman75 in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 04-09-2014, 12:24 AM
- By recDNA in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 02-27-2014, 08:28 AM
- By Adrian Rangel in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 01-13-2014, 09:39 PM
- By sparklegirl24_7 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 01-13-2014, 04:24 PM