1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Upgraded to 4.3. When in music, s3 phones won't locate s4 and vice versa

I own a Galaxy s3 and my wife has a s4 mini. Last week, I was able to pair with her while in music and send her a song via blue tooth. This week, I installed the update and my phone now says it's on 4.3. While on a song, if I select "Via Bluetooth," my phone will not find the s4 mini and vice versa. I can however pair my phone with her's, but in music it doesn't recconize her or find her. I can pull up a photograph and send her the picture via Bluetooth, but not music. Has something changed, or is something broken?

When a song is playing, there is now a little rectangle box in the upper left corner. When I press it, it says "Select Device," and it has my device as the only available device. Have any idea what this button is used for?

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Upgraded to 4.3. When in music, s3 phones won't locate s4 and vice versa

It sounds like something has changed with sending music via Bluetooth. Not sure what you can do to fix that. Regarding the rectangle, could you post a screen shot? Also, are you using Google Music to Play it? If so, that could be the Chromecast button for streaming.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Upgraded to 4.3. When in music, s3 phones won't locate s4 and vice versa

srkmagnus,

Thanks for the reply. Regarding the last point, I figured out that the rectangle is for screen mirroring. Regarding the share issue, I can pair my device with my wife's phone fine and transfer pictures, etc. However, none of the advertised sharing methods (share via blue tooth, S Beam, NFC, Nearby Devices) work with music anymore. When in music, if I scan for another blue tooth device, it won't find my wife's phone, the same phone that minutes before I paired with. With S Beam, the devices only vibrate when holding them together. If it is a picture however, S Beam gives me the option to send and receive.

Looks like you've discovered an undocumented 'feature' of 4.3.
    Too bad Samsung didn't include that on their change list; but then, most people never read that stuff anyway - all they see is the Software Update notification and they go for it.

If this is REALLY important to you, someone posted a method that apparently allows you to roll the firmware (but not the bootloader) back to 4.1.2 - http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=3408870
    - I can't vouch for that as I haven't tried it. YMMV.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

GSDer,

Thanks for the reply. It's not worth rolling back the version, but I'm surprised that nobody else has noticed this change. Hopefully more people will come forward and discuss it.