Bluetooth won't connect with 2011 Ford Edge

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Didn't have any problems before the firmware update but now I can't play Pandora through my Ford Edge because the phone won't connect - "connecting" indication on display just hangs.

Isabel

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue after the update. Go into Sync and delete the device (SCH-I535), then follow the instructions in the Ford manual to add a new device. Just add the S3 again as you did the first time to Sync and it will work fine (at least it did for me). I think this is what isabel95 meant. You don't have to Factory Reset your phone or lose any data.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue after the update. Go into Sync and delete the device (SCH-I535), then follow the instructions in the Ford manual to add a new device. Just add the S3 again as you did the first time to Sync and it will work fine (at least it did for me). I think this is what isabel95 meant. You don't have to Factory Reset your phone or lose any data.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, David. Will work on this tomorrow - am assuming you mean sync in the Ford, not the phone!

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, go into your Sync in the Ford and delete the I535, then pair them up again. I have a 2011 Fusion and this fixed my issue.